Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just received notification that the insurance company are paying out for my stolen Daytona 955i so here's a question.
Is there a website a la `confused.com` where i can enter my new bikes details just the once and get quotes from lots of insurers?
If not, this is gonna be pretty monotonous and labour intensive...

All the best...

Bob

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi Bob,

Try Motorcycle Direct first. Click HERE

I've done the legwork several times now and always seem to come back to MD.

Good luck,

[ This message was edited by: chrisn on 2006-11-18 10:03 ]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ebike were by far the cheapest for me - 50% cheaper in fact.

Otherwise just Google bike insurance.

Edit: My renewal throught H&R with Highway was £160. H&R offered me the option of NIG for £135. Both TPF&T.

Ebike came up with £85 including free legal cover, free breakdown cover and protected NCB as I had over 5 years. Also covered all declared extras on the bike.

[ This message was edited by: martinyoung on 2006-11-15 11:37 ]

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm insured through Motorcycle Direct. They were the cheapest for me and have come back as the cheapest again when insuring the new one.

Try them. You may find someone cheaper. I know others that have, but they worked for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for all ya help guys... thers a mine of info out there!
So far Motorcycle direct have been the cheapest but still doing the rounds.
Will let ya all know the results!
All the best
Bob

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Cheapest is not always best as I've found to my cost. I'm wth Carol Nash. All three bikes insured Fully comp for a tad over 300 squid and free breakdown cover. That'll do thanks. And I live in Birmingham.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Another vote for Carole Nash, I have my bikes and my car insured there. Car insurance quote was much better than any other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all...
Done the rounds, bought the bike and it turns out MotorcycleDirect were the cheapest for the bog standard policy.
Bought the legal cover and breakdown cover and all in it was £196 TPFT with 2 years no claims. Rest of the no claims were lost due to the theiving scum who nicked my baby. Reasonably happy with the price fo what i've got.
I know everything in life is relative and i dont mind paying that.
Trouble is, its not an exact science is it? The cheapest this year might be the most expensive next year.
Cant get me 'ead round insurance... :???:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts