Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find it very difficult to read the Tiger's speedo riding in the dark? This time of year my commute is in the dark at least one way each day, and the speedo is practically unreadable. The visibility of the tach seems to be a bit better. Can't think of an easy fix....

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You're right, the instruments are impossible to read as it's getting dark or light - bad design !

·
Registered
861 Posts
Some guys fit LED's and improve the lighting in the dash. Try searching Dash light fix.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
LED's make a big diff in dash lights and speedo light. Use a wide angle on the speedo. At twilight is a little better to read but once the sun goes down you can read w/o problem where with std lamp, forget it, at least for me.

http://www.superbrightleds.com

turn, fuel lamp, neutral all take a 74 base, mini wedge (don't change the high beam, the blue light led will drill a hole in your head it so bright)

I tired the WLED-B4 (blue) in speedo, did show up well for me. Went to a white light wide angle 194 wedge, much better (think it's a WLED-WHP). Did not change the tach (different lamp base), gas gauge (194) or temp gauge (194). Didn't feel like pulling all the extra stuff off at the time.

A word of warning. When you pull the fairing be very careful. Very easy to break the plastic elbow that goes into the coolant overflow tank. If you break it you can get a brass fitting from Home Depot that works great. Will have to look up the info on it to tell you the p/n if you have a problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips, RT, I'll try something out this week. I've had that front fairing off so much lately it's getting a little ridiculous!

Let's hope if Triumph actually does release another dual sport that they've sorted some of these issues out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts