Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question about the trip computer - has anyone ever used the instantaneous fuel consumption readout? When I scroll through the trip computer after a ride its always "---"; I assume I have to have this setting visible on my display when I am riding?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just tried it on my ride. Anyone use this display on long rides to get the best mpg?

·
Registered
904 Posts
My bike only has about 500 miles on it, but yes, I've tried this a couple of times and it seems speeds around 55-60 yielded me about 52 mpg or so. On my 3 tanks of fuel so far, I am averaging around 43 mpg.

Neanderthal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Somewhere around 20, I would say.

How hard are you riding the bike?
Hmm, not very good.
Well, I don't hang around on it, and one of the reasons I got the 3-in-1 is because I want people to hear me when I filter. I use engine braking a fair bit (dont like using brakes if I can help it), just a riding style I have adopted.

Oh well, petrol has come down a bit :)

cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sold on the mpg computer. My daily commute is about 150 miles (give or take 1 mile, i've measured it with my bike, my wife's car, and my jeep). My daily fill-up is 3.2 gal. The computer says I'm getting 43-44 mpg. My own calc says 46-47, and actually more if I keep the speed down. I'm not going to say how fast I ride, on the grounds that information may tend to incriminate me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts