Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thruxton headlight brackets have been successfully installed on the Bonneville and wanted to ask what solution members have resorted to. The Thruxton studded bracket tube that covers the 41mm fork tube is about 3/4" shorter than the Bonny headlight bracket tube. This is due to clippons being placed under the upper yoke on pre-09 Thruxtons. I asked John and he said he used a fork seal to capture the Thrux headlight bracket tube. I am not sure how a seal could effectively capture this tube without clamping strength. If somebody has a link to a source for such a "seal", I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
My thruxton had clip ons and I converted to standard bars...most folks use a spacer ring of the correct length to fill the void left by the clip ons. I have a couple extra sets of spacers I had made up if you need some. They're cut from steel, so they're not super light if that's what you're after....

oh, I also have my 'bracket tubes' kicking around since I'm putting LSL mounts on the bike. The mounting arms are already gone, though...

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thruxton had clip ons and I converted to standard bars...most folks use a spacer ring of the correct length to fill the void left by the clip ons. I have a couple extra sets of spacers I had made up if you need some. They're cut from steel, so they're not super light if that's what you're after....

oh, I also have my 'bracket tubes' kicking around since I'm putting LSL mounts on the bike. The mounting arms are already gone, though...

Cheers,

--Rich
Thank you Rich. I will contact you via PM.
Best Regards,
George

1 - 3 of 3 Posts