Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Long Haul Screen coming in the Mail. When reading the installation instructions on triumph
instructions.com, it does not show how to remove the upper yoke, the handlebars etc.

Has anyone seen a video or a DIY on installing the screen? - or perhaps done the installatio?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes I put one on my 2018 speedmaster and you don't need to remove the upper yoke or the handlebars. Very easy to install but I put the top wind deflector on which make the wind flow much better on the highway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, can I ask what top wind deflector you - used any pics? I have taken off my highway screen as it caused too much buffeting around the head. (I’m 5’9”) ok below 70. Have a Dart screen on which is good - clean air but not so protective on a long journey.

Cheers. Napoleon

·
Registered
107 Posts
Purchased on ebay under $30.00 adjustable and works good

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Purchased on ebay under $30.00 adjustable and works good
That’s really useful - thank you. Will give it another go as I’ve got a long trip planned and would like the extra protection - but not the buffeting!

·
Registered
107 Posts
When riding in the rain you can adjust it way up and it keeps a lot of the rain off you. I do try to not ride in the rain but it happens. Good luck

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Best advice would to be SELL IT and purchase a Madstad windshield.

Don't go to the trouble of installing it when very shortly there after you're going to hate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts