Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Weird that I can't find installation instructions for the Arrow slip on... I'm pretty sure it's pretty easy, but would be nice to be sure...

Can anyone summarize what's actually involved for me?

Thanks!

- Jon

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi All,

Weird that I can't find installation instructions for the Arrow slip on... I'm pretty sure it's pretty easy, but would be nice to be sure...

Can anyone summarize what's actually involved for me?

Thanks!

- Jon
All slip on exhaust is a piece of cake to install. Takes no more than 30mins. The question is , do you really want the Arrow exhaust? I heard it in person, sound almost like stock to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
All slip on exhaust is a piece of cake to install. Takes no more than 30mins. The question is , do you really want the Arrow exhaust? I heard it in person, sound almost like stock to me.
Yeah, I did too - it sounds SLIGHTLY raspy-er to me. But the fact that it doesn't require any kinda re-mapping BS makes it attractive to me.

So what's actually involved, like 3 bolts?

- Thanx
- Jon

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jon. It’s super easy as younsaw on my bike. Yea like 3 bolts and a 15 min install. You have my number. Text me if u have any questions

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I did too - it sounds SLIGHTLY raspy-er to me. But the fact that it doesn't require any kinda re-mapping BS makes it attractive to me.

So what's actually involved, like 3 bolts?

- Thanx
- Jon
Yes, pretty much 3 bolts. I dont think you need any re-mapping for any exhaust. I have a SCR-1 and I did the 12mins relearn after install. I can't tell any difference in fueling between that and the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, pretty much 3 bolts. I dont think you need any re-mapping for any exhaust. I have a SCR-1 and I did the 12mins relearn after install. I can't tell any difference in fueling between that and the stock exhaust.
What's the 12 minute re-learn? It takes the bike 12 minutes to figure out what's fitted? If so, do you need to let it idle for 12 minutes or can you just ride during that time?

- Thanx
- Jon

·
Registered
51 Posts
12 min idle, do not touch the throttle. Also, the manual specifies 12 minutes from the fan initially kicking on. So it was more like 20 min for me.

·
Premium Member
8,638 Posts
12 minute tune:

With engine cold, start. Do not touch throttle.

Let engine idle until cooling fan kicks on.

The 12 minute clock starts once the fan kicks on for first time.

No harm in letting it idle for longer than 12 minutes. Better to be a little over than a little short.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts