Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Speed Triple

I am not totally sure what I need to do once I remove my stock exhaust and put a 'slip on' on.

I know it will be no problem to get the new one on, jsut need to know what to do to tune the bike to jive with the new pipe.

I need to map the bike right? A new bit of software to modify the computer to run with the new pipe....

Anyone out there have any ideas?
Anyone have a M4 pipe?
If so how did you map it and with what file?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Take it to the dealer, ask them to load the Leo Vince GP map...it's slightly better than the TOR's map...in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you tell me what difference you have seen between the two? (Leo Vince and the Tors)

THanks for your thoughts?

·
Registered
379 Posts
go to your triumph dealer and ask for a arrow 3 into 1 map or the leo vince map, its a re-flash is what they do. if you still have popping or the map does not work, purchase a tuneboy which will have many more custom maps specifically for that bike and pipe, but go with the triumph re-flash map first

·
Registered
78 Posts
Run my M4 low slung carbon GP with the standard map ... thats what the M4 guys told me to do ... runs fine, fews pops and crackles ...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oops! thanks for the correct. I meant to saw the Arrow reflash, not the Leo...sorry. The Arrow GP reflash is the one I'm using.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Run my M4 low slung carbon GP with the standard map ... thats what the M4 guys told me to do ... runs fine, fews pops and crackles ...
I've got the same pipe and its definitly running lean. I notice on hard deceleration from 4.5 down to 2.9 it brakes up. I've been debating on what to do.... I might just get a stock set of pipes for now (since I've been spending too much money) but would really like a pc3 or tuneboy.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Monstrosity, you don't need TuneBoy to get a normal Arrow 3-1 tune uploaded at your local dealer. Much cheaper than new cans. Should cost 15 to 30 minutes labour max.

Or did you mean that you already have a 3-1 tune in your bike and it's still lean?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got the same pipe and its definitly running lean. I notice on hard deceleration from 4.5 down to 2.9 it brakes up. I've been debating on what to do.... I might just get a stock set of pipes for now (since I've been spending too much money) but would really like a pc3 or tuneboy.
Who did you get your pipe from ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts