Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 Thruxton, AI removed.

Ordered the TORs from British Customs (no jets included) and slapped them on.

Now I get a ton of "snap, crackle, pop" when decelerating. I've tried adjusting the idle mixture screws from -2.5, -3.0, -3.5 and no luck.

Is a re-jet required with the TORs? Or is there something else I should check?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
A simple rejet and you'll be fine like said . If you're referring to the Preds you're certainly going to need to rejet . I went up to a 125 main with Preds and was on the money . 127.5 was a tad rich.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Surprised they didn't send you some new main jets.

Prob 118 mains, I'd guess. I have a set if you'd like them--but the dealer should have some around that size--just call them. If you run out of luck PM me and I'll send you the 118s that I don't need.

Jack

·
29,948 Posts
Do you still have your AI system on?

Also - check for exhaust leaks, especially around the joints where your TORs join the headers. Use hi temp RTV to get a good seal- if the exhaust is leaking anywhere no amount of jetting or mixture screw tweaking will cure the popping. Check the header joints at the head and crossover pipe too, just in case.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surprised they didn't send you some new main jets.

Prob 118 mains, I'd guess. I have a set if you'd like them--but the dealer should have some around that size--just call them. If you run out of luck PM me and I'll send you the 118s that I don't need.

Jack
sito,

I'll take those jets off your hands. Check your inbox.

propforward,

AI is removed. I'll check the seals. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, the 145 mains were perfect--no sputtering at 4k, good pull all the way thru WOT--although I only got it up to 90 or so before hitting traffic.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Popping and crackle? Music to my ears!
Nothing better than accelerating or rolling off the throttle to hear that crack and pop - just like Brit bikes should be.
Sadly my 09 Thrux lacks that bite - even with after market silencers from Hyde. It still pops a bit but the plan is to get it tweaked so it cracks as it should.
It is a characteristic that differentiates the bonnie thrux family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts