Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to installing the the BC Predators and Airbox removal kit and fender elim kit on my brothers thruxton today. Removal of everything was very straight forward and the install also straight forward. Removed the air injection too. Would have been nice to have some instruction to go by on some things. The newbonneville instructions helped abit. Only hangup was putting the rear tire back on. Couldn't get the wheel spacers to fit and it took about 45 minutes to finally get it all setup.

Other than that the Thruxton looks and sounds awsome with the new pipes and fender gone. Rode it and it really needs the jet kit installed. Wouldn't run over 4k and alot of backfiring. Still need to loosen and re-tighten the right pipe as it has a small air leak. Ran out of daylight so the jets will wait another day.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sweet upgrade. :upthumb: Get the carbs set and it should feel like a completely different ride.

Your brother's bike?? When you gonna join him? :-D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the sound is truly awsome compared to stock. Were going to use the supplied jets, 45 pilots and 145 mains that BC sent. Probably do it this weekend when I have time again. Any hints on the jet replacement. I've been reading here but not sure on the entire thing. Tools,etc.. needed basically.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
just as a reference, I have the same motor and setup, I just tweaked my jetting and it's running better than ever:

42 pilots, 1 shim on the needle (down from 2 shims), and 155 mains.

Yours should be fairly close to that. My needles are the same as yours. I think I could use one size larger mains, but it's running solid now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished up installing the supplied 45 pilots and 145 main jets. Super easy to do. I wound up just removing the carbs as it was easier. Anyway.

THE BIKE RUNS AWESOME. The 45 / 145 combo make the bike run like a raped ape. Pulls strong and no dips throughout the entire RPM range. Just ran it between 1-4 gears as it was just in my neighborhood and its great. No stuttering or backfires, just fast pulling all the way to redline. Very happy with the results. The Predators sound great btw :) .. I don't think we'll need to jet up any higher or mess with the needles. Going to have the dealer give it the 1000 mile tuneup and sync the carbs if needed but I don't think it will need it.

Thanks
Chris

[ This message was edited by: listo on 2006-12-03 18:10 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts