Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at the room on the inside of the fairing, I believe a creative person could maybe add some kind of storage compartments to it. Maybe access them from the top. For flashlights, maps etc., and maybe add a power outlet there too. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
370 Posts
i have added a 12v marine power outlet to my faring so i can power the sat nav without wires running down to the other plug socket.

i am not sure you would have much room in a pocket built in to the clock mount as there are a number of wires, and would the amount of work justify the small amount of space gained :-D

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
On 2007-02-11 20:10, HGaither wrote:
Just looking at the room on the inside of the fairing, I believe a creative person could maybe add some kind of storage compartments to it. Maybe access them from the top. For flashlights, maps etc., and maybe add a power outlet there too. What does everyone else think?
You talking about the new ones or the old ones?

On my '02 I've added a accessory socket in the panel where the heated grips switch is. I use it to power my GPS.
On the '07s, looking at the surround panel it looks easy to do the same.
Don't think there would be much room in a storage compartment anywhere inside the fairing of either model without making the fairings wider in the first place. By the time you added additional mountings to make it all stable enough plus the thickness of the box you're adding quite a lump.

[ This message was edited by: blacktiger on 2007-02-12 07:07 ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts