Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...so I got my K&N cleaning kit...Ive cleaned the filters...my kit came with the aerosol spray on filter oil in the can...

I sprayed the outside of the filter thinking I was done...I then went over the instructions...;):D

The instructions say to "...touch up any light areas on either side of the filter until there is uniform red color on all areas..."

So do I spray the inside of the cone filter too?...or are they just talking about the flat and round filters...

These are the filters...

If this is a stupid question...so be it...

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
No! Do not spray inside. Just make sure the pink color is even and touch up the lighter parts...I think they awkwardly were trying to say to turn the pod around to see all of the outside

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...the wording did seem weird to me...
I was starting to over think it and wonder...how the hell am I going to get the oil in the bottom of the filter where it connects to the carburetor...:eek:

So I guess Im done then...

·
Vendor
2,352 Posts
It is really important not to over oil, as it can make you run quite rich. It's best to give a conservative spray and then wait a couple of hours for it to soak in. Then you can see any areas where it's light on oil and then oil those areas and wait a couple of hours again. A small amount of filter oil goes a long way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts