Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped my new tyres and loose wheels down to a local garage today to have them mated. About 4.30, I got a call to say that the rear tube was perished. 10 minutes later another call to say that the front tube was also toast.

I need to order some tubes asap. I don't have the wheels with me to check, but I assume I need the tubes with a threaded valve stem, for a locknut.

I did a forum search and found reference to using an angled valve in preference, but the only angled valve tubes I found do not have a threaded stem (where it exits the rim).

Any advice gratefully appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Angled make a locking nut impossible I would think? Tubeless rims allow angled fillers. Maybe time to buy some of that 3m tape and go tubeless? I just got a roll on amazon, and plan on doing the Tiger first.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts

Impossible?

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I have one of those screw-on angled adapters - another option. Besides junking the the tubes & sealing the rims ;)

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never knew there were so many variations of valve; rubber, steel, side exit, centre exit, angled, straight... and finding the right one was a headache. I finally sourced a pair from roundandblack.co.uk.

I never felt the need to use an angled valve or adaptor on this particular bike, but then I only ever use a footpump in the garage, never forecourt air lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts