Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys hope some of you maybe able to help I am redoing my frt end of my 98 sprint sport I got racetech springs and gold valves and everything else that is needed to do the job.My question is the springs came with a light piece of tubing to cut for spacers and I dont have those in there now there are a progressive rated spring thats in there.I wanted to know how long the spacers are suppose to be. Im 180lbs if that helps.also how do u get to the valves to change them out cause there is nothing in the manual about them so need a clue that way as well I appreciate any and all info you all can give me thanks

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
the instructions with the racetech springs should tell you how long to cut the spacers, but basicly you need to cut them to the length of the distance from the top of the spring to top of the inner tube minus the height of the cap plus the amount of desired preload.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can also use pvc pipe of the same diameter of what Race Tech sent and cut it at various lengths to established your desired pre load, unless you have adjustable preload already. Just make sure each pair is cut exactly the same and square.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
You can also use pvc pipe of the same diameter of what Race Tech sent and cut it at various lengths to established your desired pre load, unless you have adjustable preload already. Just make sure each pair is cut exactly the same and square.
I have heard this is a pretty common (cheap) fix to the OEM springs on the non-adjustables and yields good results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts