Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just notified by my dealer that my jet black/pure white two-tone T120 is in and will be delivered shortly. "Good timing!" he said, and he proceeded to read me a dealer notification from Triumph off of his computer screen. The gist of it was that after current 2016 T120 orders are filled, there will be no more produced, and no more orders for them are to be taken. The 2016 order book is now closed, in other words; no more T120s will be available until the 2017 models begin to arrive in October.

FWIW.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
That is interesting...it sort of is a bit hard to imagine as it isn't even June yet. Perhaps they will begin making 2017 models very soon so that in a few months all of the water cooled bikes will be 2017 models. I've had my red/silver T120 for a month now and think it is a pretty good bike and am glad that I bought it. Hope you enjoy your new T120 as much as I am enjoying mine!

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Considering the T120 was only launched in March, that means a full order book already. That's excellent and proves Triumph's wisdom in continuing the run of success that these retro bikes have had since 2001.

Other manufacturers were quick to try and cash in the trend, but none have been anywhere near as successful, except HD who has been making retros since 1903...:)

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Don't you believe it, any vehicle manufacturer that has a vehicle in high demand is not about to end production due to???? HYPE pure and simple.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do they produce different types in parallel?

Or do they reconfigure assembly lines according to type being produced?

If the latter is the case, it makes sense that no more will be available for some time.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't think it means that there'll be any actual break in production at all, other than the time needed to convert to production of the 2017s.

To me this whole thing just shows that there was an excellent plan in place for introduction and delivery of the new models. Looks like orders are being managed so that they match production. Availability of accessories and the introduction of the 2017s would appear to be right on schedule, too. I find all of this to be really impressive!

My own plan was to watch these boards like a hawk, looking for reports of some sort of serious initial quality or design problem with these bikes. I figured I could always cancel my order if I had to. About the only thing that came along was the tendency of the side stand starter interlock magnet to fall off, immobilizing the bike. No problem; I'm bringing a roll of electrical tape with me to the delivery. I'm gonna wrap that sucker good, and then attack it with JB Weld when I get the bike home, 350 miles later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was told the exact same thing by the dealer here in Phoenix. He told me the Triumph rep said there was a deliberate decision by Triumph to not over produce this first run of bikes. He told me that if I don't buy one of the few available bikes left right now, that no more will be available until the 2017 models come out in October.
I told him I couldn't believe they would choose to have no models available on the showroom floor, but maybe it's so.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts