Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Info for 2007 S3 Owners (Exhaust Fitment)

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Boss 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Not sure this info is out there yet or what but thought I would pass it along, so if you already know sorry if not fyi.

Just wanted to let the 2007 S3 owners know about an issue I was told about in regard to exhaust fitment. I was at Pipe City the other day checking on some stuff and Ron told me about a small change for the 07's. Apparently Triumph changed the size of the exhaust tubing and did not advise exhaust manufacture's of the change so the manufacture companies where sending out pipes that would fit the 05/06 but when the guy with an 07 got it they did not fit properly due to the change. Ron said that he has had to deal with already and is not sure which exhaust companies have already made the change or aware of it at this point. He said that normally when bike companies make a change to a model they will send out a notice to companies that would possibly be effected by the change and let them know there was a fitment change for the exhaust. This way M4 or Zard or whoever would get the new model figure out the change and adjust their product, apparently Triumph did not do this. Ron figures it might be due to the fact that they are using Arrow now and want to try and corner the silencer market a little more. Anyway thought I would pass it along.....

See less See more
#3 ·
Actually, Triumph is NOTORIOUS for doing this, small changes even in mid-model runs and no telling about them anywhere to anyone, etc...

We have run into this on the suspension and exhaust side, kind of a pain in the butt because if Triumph were smart they would follow Harley Davidson and realize that the AFTERMARKET is the key to a bike having success or failure in the long run.

Probably explains why so few of the big companies are interested in the Triumph aftermarket, just simply not worth the hassle dealing with them...

Steve Larson

#6 ·
I was the one that purchased a set of Leo Vince from Ron at Pipe City. I then discovered that the midpipe was shortened by Triumph to accomodate the new pre-cat that they installed on the '07. None of systems that connect to the midpipe will work. The only ones that will function are true slip-ons, replacing just the silencers or any full system. All the manufacturers are aware of this now, but they advise that it could be several months before this issue is resolved. I have gone with the M4 and created my own custom midpipe. I will use this until M4 builds their own for the system and I will probably swap out then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.