Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - new member signing in. Well, old new member since I used to be a member with my 2004 bike. The picture of that one is in page 3 I think. I really regretted selling that bike and it has taken this long to get a new one.

Anyway I am now riding a green 2007 1050 and loving it, despite the horrid UK weather. Mods so far: R&G sliders front and back); R&G tail tidy, Carbon radiator cover, black heel guards, Triumph bar-end mirrors, carbon tank protector. I think that's it. Still thinking about what to do with the exhaust.

Anyway, I could do with some advice please. With the R&G tail tidy the indicator wires are too short for the connectors to hide above the number plate thing so I have this bulge of taped-up plugs behind the number plate. What the best thing to do to sort this out please?

Also today I tried to connect up some LED indicators, but used the resistors which I was unable to fit above the number plate thing. So back to originals for now.

Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
wires

As far as the resistors go, I just used a LED flasher insted of the resistors and it worked just fine, and saves you the problem of trying to find room for them. The flasher will work if you have 2 or all of your indicators LED. My wires were too short also, so I just spliced in a section of wire using waterproof connectors and the OEM plugs and have had no problems. Hope this help you out.

H

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course! Should have thought about splicing the wire in. Doh! I'm working in 5 degrees C and almost dark. Not the best thinking environment.

Best to go for the LED flashers thenQ

Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes....Go with the flasher deal instead of thr cumbersom resistors. Saves some major weight too. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts