Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I have a brand new Scrambler 1200 XE 2020.
No aftermarket parts installed.

After using the blinkers a few times in a row, there starts to appear a message- "rear left indicator, see the user manual"
I have to stress out, that any of the indicator already had this issue, not only the "rear left indicator", but all of them.

The message means, the indicator (blinker) doesn't work.

After I switch the bike off and on, everything is OK again.

Do you anybody know, what may be the problem?

Thanks a lot
Screenshot_20210502_113609.jpg

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I had the exact same issue on my 18 Street Triple with 700 miles on her. Turned out it was a loose bulb and that was all. I would check the bulb connections as they can come loose or might be loose from the factory. I have over 5K miles now and haven't had an issue since. For what's worth, my dealer is 3 miles from my house and I showed them and we adjusted together so they documented in case it was something else. However, my bet is a loose bulb. When you started her up again, it either vibrated back to a connection, or only comes on when you try to use it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the exact same issue on my 18 Street Triple with 700 miles on her. Turned out it was a loose bulb and that was all. I would check the bulb connections as they can come loose or might be loose from the factory. I have over 5K miles now and haven't had an issue since. For what's worth, my dealer is 3 miles from my house and I showed them and we adjusted together so they documented in case it was something else. However, my bet is a loose bulb. When you started her up again, it either vibrated back to a connection, or only comes on when you try to use it.

Thanks for advise dakski.
However, I guess all of the light indicators on XE are LED. Does your bike have LED or average bulbs as well?

I mean, if I had LED, might the problem be a failure in electric (cable) connection etc?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
be a loose bulb, if checking and still not working just change the bulb that usually will fix it, sometime they just dont contact propley,

All the lights are LED. Moreover, it would be very weird, if all of the 4 blinkers would have the same technical problem.
If somebody is reading this, and know any other thing, that may cause this problem, please write it down.

Anyway, Jadorff many thanks for your opinion. I will discuss it with the seller as well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
sorry thought they were bulbs if led and all not working take the bike back to the dealer will be a short some where or bad Fues connection , one of the indicator connector, it will be a wiring fault. if only one indicator try the wiring connector unplug spray a bit of electrical on the connector replug might work

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a similar issue occasionally on my XE: Display reports an indicator failure, usually rear left or rear left. The indicator indeed doesn't work and the front one flashes at twice the speed. This issue will not go away until I turn the electrics off and on again. Then it's gone. I suspect an intermittent bad connection, but it happens so rarely that it is impossible to trace.
But I agree, take it to the dealer and see what they'll say.

Reactions: Motoflo_Slovakia

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a similar issue occasionally on my XE: Display reports an indicator failure, usually rear left or rear left. The indicator indeed doesn't work and the front one flashes at twice the speed. This issue will not go away until I turn the electrics off and on again. Then it's gone. I suspect an intermittent bad connection, but it happens so rarely that it is impossible to trace.
If I had missed
Actually, you have described even more, than I have. This is exactly, how the malfunction appears. I hope it's only a matter of failed electric contact, but any kind of serious malfunction, that may even grow to a bigger problem...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought my XE 3 days ago and yesterday I had the same problem: left rear indicator and the warning sign and the front left blinking at twice the rate. This double rate might be intentional as back in the day when a bulb went the corresponding bulb also blinked really fast so this could be a throwback to let you know (especially for us olders that can't read the freakin small writing on the TFT). Anyways, jumped off the bike to have a look at the fuses and all seemed ok then when I started it up again the problem was gone. Will keep an eye on it and if it persists will take to the dealer, otherwise it's going in for it's first service soon so will tell them then. Weird.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was on the first service and they told me, it's the first time they hear about this kind of problem. They have reinstalled the software in a believe that the malfunction shall go over. But nothing happened. The malfunction still appears.
Please, return to this chat after you visit your dealer on the first service and tell me, how they had figure out this problem.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts