Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 1125 Buell. Please don't talk about that bike. I would actually have bought one of those. I took a red 1125CR out and fell in love with it, and it was the bike, not the brand or the hype. I thought it was a marvellous machine. I was even more PO'ed at HD when they shut down Buell a few months later. Buell HAD built a contemporary bike. I guess HD just couldn't stand it.
I'm in total agreement with you dude. I just didn't like the muffler (too big), the way the air box bulged out in the front, the 600 cm diameter (okay, it may not be that big) brake disc and the tank in the frame rails. That Rotax motor was schtonking and the handling was excellent.

Even though I didn't like the Buell enough to buy one, I thought Harley was on the right track and who knows, they might have been able to design one one day that would get me back in the dealership and riding American iron rather than riding British, Japanese and Italian bikes.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Ever been to a Harley stealership recently. Most, but not all don't give any discounts on bikes to move iron. Most new riders have limited budgets if they are the ones who will actually be paying the bill. Most of the accessories in the Harley store are not even close to being budget priced.
I didn't get a discount on my 2010 T100, and not for lack of trying. ;)

Also bought a Triumph flyscreen from Jack Lilley and a centerstand from Norman Hyde. Both shipped from England to Canada, with freight and pound to dollar exchange ($1.60 CDN = 1 UK pound) I paid $385 CDN. Dealer wanted $620,..and they are a 10 minute city drive away :eek:

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Does anyone know why there are three HD threads going at once ...on a Triumph bike site? :D Please don't start another thread asking that question......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
May be I am wrong but no where did I see Dutch say that he was trying to convince anyone..of trying to buy this bike... it seems that he was merely doing an FYI coupled with an opinion on it.

+1

I'm a Triumph loyalist and I bash HD as a company more than I praise them, but I dig all motorcycles and I thought it was a good looking bike.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm not sure if I will ever be a cruiser rider, but I do admire alot of them. That HD, if real and looking like that, would make me actually consider buying one. I'd like to buy American if there were any affordable standards/sports available. Otherwise it's pretty much going to be Triumph, sinnce their range of bikes, quality, performance, and price are equal or better than every other manufacturer. I know HD has been working on getting an assembly plant over there for a few years to get around the import tax on fully assembled bikes and it would be nice to see them do good outside of the States.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What to call an Indian built HD???

Indian built HD's....can't call them "riceburners" like the UJM's or even "alesipper"as I call my Sprint.

How about a "Marsala Burner?" Guess HD would not be able to offer the "Cowhide" look on those bikes in India, eh?

Derswede

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Indian built HD's....can't call them "riceburners" like the UJM's or even "alesipper"as I call my Sprint.

How about a "Marsala Burner?" Guess HD would not be able to offer the "Cowhide" look on those bikes in India, eh?

Derswede
"Curry Racer" :D

"Basmati Burner" :D

Seriously... Mrs. Irish and I have a great Indian friend, and he recently bought a bike. He brought it over to show us the other day and I'll be darned if it wasn't a brand spanking new 1200 Custom Sportster that he created online with all these special options. It looks pretty cool and has the fattest front tire I have ever seen on a Harley. Bizarre.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts