Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to know if this is the correct way the fork plate and clip-ons go?

and is this space supposed to be here? i guess i need those bolts...

thx

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok now whats upside down???
Are the bars in the right position??
Do i gotta put the plate on the bottom and the bars on top??

sh*t lol :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok now How do i get this friggen grip off....

Do i stick a air compressor hose in there to pump it out..? ANy other suggestions on how to do this cause i dont have an aircompressor?

Weeeeeeeeee i cant wait to try out How thing bike came from factory, clip-ons baby!!

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
stick a screwdriver down....

under the grip a little way and spray window cleaner in there pullout the screwdriver and twist the grip the window cleaner will make it slip right off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep; screwdriver with either windex or wd40. Don't worry about scratching the handlebar; it is under the grip area anyway.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Actually, you had them the right way, or rather the factory way, in the first picture. However, you'll find the bars are a lot more comfortable flipped like you have them. I'm planning on doing the "flip n swap" this winter as soon as I get the chance. I sat on a bike that had 'em this way, and it was waaaaaay easier on the wrists. So you're a step ahead...however, you may need to drill a hole somewhere. You can find directions for the "clip on flip and swap" very easily in the Club Cafe posting section.
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you sure Rand Man??

Hey guys in my fist post I circled the part on my bars to the fork plate. Does anybody know the size of that bolt that fits in there?

thx

·
Registered
964 Posts
If I remember correctly, the bolt is a 6mm, and uses a 10mm size wrench. The bolt is there to stop each individual bar from rotating and just needs to be SNUG; be careful not to strip the threads in the aluminum. It's a good idea to use blue Loctite on these and all the pinch bolts of the triple clamp/handlebars. The pinch bolts are critical fasteners and need to be torqued to 27Nm.---James.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its cool Rand Man...

Everything came out great. Thanks for the help guys. I'll post up some pics this week of the bike and what ive done so far!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts