Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.

i just wanted to share the somewhat finished product. the 5 month long (here and there) transformation on my '07 black.

http://bratbonnie.blogspot.com/

hope you like it.

oh, and if anyone in the so-cal area wants to sign up to transform their bike... i'm all ears.

cheers,

scott

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nicely done. Striking transformation that still respects the design of the original bike. Love it. The only thing i would change is to get one of the D9 layflat brackets and bring the guages nice and low down over the headlight.

Martin

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Wow!! A real work of Trumpy art!! You must be proud...thank you for sharing....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@martin

i agree about the gauges. i was anxious to get it back on the road for the summer, but will eventually replace both the headlamp and the gauges with tidier units.

-scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

They're Coker diamond tread, 450-18 rear, 400-19 front.
I love the look, but they are a bit finicky. Great around town and for short rides, but i'm not sure i'd put them through any long distance action.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put some new shots up on the blog.

And, the offer still stands. If anyone is interested in doing a custom job on their bonnie, I'll handle the design and labor, and you cover parts. Send me a PM or shoot me an email if you want to chat.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Congratulations! Fantastic looking bike. One of the best Bonnevilles I've seen!

Ody

·
Registered
329 Posts
Man that is one sweet transformation. I'm loving the work you did on the tank. Where did you find those grips?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The grips are Posh (natural) and I picked them up from Lloyd's Vintage.

As for the tank... after stripping the paint, I polished it with a cotton wheel on a hand drill. It's just got a coat of wax on it so it's picked up a nice patina.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm digging your bike! I wanted to thank you for the inspiration to ditch the giant clunker of a fender on the back of my bonnie.

I had a front fender laying around from a '81 KZ550 I bobber'd over the winter. After seeing your bike it got me thinking. This is what I came up with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys. really appreciate it.

@utah1, send me a PM with your info. i've got a couple potential sign-ups at this point, but you know how that goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts