Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short time I am planning to import Sprint MY.05-08 to Slovenia. Are there any differences in headlights made for UK and for rest of Europe (right driving). If it is so, should I than change the whole headlight or only adjust it right. What about the parking lights - are they connected to the turn signals or to headlight.
Is the uk headlight having connector for parking lights?
And how is it with short time inssurance for motorcycles for about 5 or 10 days (price?). I am planing to go to UK with truck driver and return with motorcycle.

Rgds.

Tom

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Have a look here:

http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-motorcycle-sprint-st-2007/o/m17648

Ignore the description, they seem to have got that wrong. Just look at at the 3 different sets of countries for part #1 in the diagram.

Edit: Bike Bandit seems to be doing some kind of wacky thing with their catalog so you can't link to a parts listing. Go to the link above, then click on the headlight listing to see what I'm talking about.

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Yes, the UK headlight, is a left hand dip.
To do the job properly, you will need a different headlamp assembly. Check out Ebay Europe, people are doing the conversion both ways, and you can get a cheap RD dip Headlight assy for Europe (non UK).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes, the UK headlight, is a left hand dip.
To do the job properly, you will need a different headlamp assembly. Check out Ebay Europe, people are doing the conversion both ways, and you can get a cheap RD dip Headlight assy for Europe (non UK).
If I understand correctly I should change complete hedlamp assembly under no.1, cost on Bike-bandit almost 400,00$?:(

P.S. Is the headlight beam not straight on motorcycles?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Headlamp beam will dip a certain 'angle' away from straight, for each country, that drives on the right or the left............

In the UK , you will almost certainly fail the MOT test for roadworthiness.....if it dips the wrong way......

in Slovenia....no idea, but if it's 'owt like Poland, some decent potato vodka and you could be 'good to go'....................

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi you need to install a european type light fitting (the internal part only). I brought a bike from Belguim to the UK and had to order the part so the light dips correctly (no way around it). ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know about Slovenia, but for France I had to change the headlight assembly and the instrument cluster (MPH to KMH). It cost a fortune and I would not do it again. But the French are particularly hard to deal with for this stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi you need to install a european type light fitting (the internal part only). I brought a bike from Belguim to the UK and had to order the part so the light dips correctly (no way around it). ;)
Do you still have the EU light fitting, or could you find out the name of item and its code? How much did it cost the internal par?

Rgds Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi it was for a Suzuki intruder 1500. The cost was 229GBP (very easy to fit) Almost any Triumph dealer will order it for you. If I was you I would pre-order the part from a Belgium Triumph dealer in Diegem (town) that way you could collect the part on your way back from the UK. Hope it helps

D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts