Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is any new information regarding using Tuneecu for diagnostics and testing only on the new Street Triples?

My fiancee just bought a 2013 Street Triple and we are planning to do our own servicing on it and I am wondering whether I can check codes and run diagnostics without triggering the anti-tamper and having issues with warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think the 2015 Bonneville ECU is locked

I just started a new thread on this topic but Forchetto suggested I post here so that it gets the correct visibility. I was at the dealers yesterday to pick up some accessories and asked them to run a scan as the idle seemed a bit off.

When they ran the autoscan, the first check that popped up was
"ECU Locked Status: OK"

There are two possible interpretations of that message:

1. The ECU is indeed locked (tamper protected) and has not been tampered with OR
2. The ECU itself is not locked, so by default the status is OK.

I know the tamper proof ECU / locked ECU has been discussed previously so thought I'd just throw this out there as a word of caution for 2015 twin owners planning to re-map.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
My 2015 model year Bonnie T100's DOM (Date of Manufacture) was May 2014. Is TuneECM and TTP's Tune #1 safe to use with my bike?

·
Registered
133 Posts
What I want is for one of you wizards to figure how to remove the governor. I hate having someone limit how fast I can ride my bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is definitely a governor. at 115 mph she stops pulling. I tried it again yesterday and at 115 she stuttered and wouldn't go any faster. It was not the rev limiter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's an interesting idea. I doubt that they would make it that easy though. There must be a gadget somewhere that gives the info to the ecm so it knows when to shut her down. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Probably not the answer you seek but in some japanese home market bikes the restrictor was a simple switch inside the speedo watch the needle go round hit 115/120 instant brick wall . I took my speedo apart ( for a different reason ) and simply snipped off the tab that rotated with the speedo needle inside the clock . I would imagine that things have moved on since then probably electrickery involved , are all thunderbirds restricted or just certain markets . As an experiment could the speedo feed be disabled while still allowing the bike to run . If so use another form of speedo ( gps ) and see if when the speedo is not working you get more speed .

61 - 80 of 89 Posts