Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
DealerTool

Any body got onfo on DealerTool? I just got and think I have been ripped off code would not load, sent email nada nothing then Norton said it has a virus!!!!!:mad:

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
I bought that before TuneECU became available and have had no trouble. They reply to the request for the code within a short time but have this note on their site:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:- PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL FOLDER / SPAM FILTER SETTINGS AS WE ARE OFTEN REPLYING TO EMAILS BUT THEY ARE NOT BEING RECEIVED. WE ALWAYS ANSWER EMAILS WITHIN 24 HRS. AS A LAST RESORT INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND WE WILL CALL YOU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, this thread is of particular interest to me as I've just bought a new 2013 Bonneville and really don't trust dealers to service my bike (after way too many bad dealings). Warrantee issues aside, I've been working on my own bikes for 15 years and have always done a better job than the hack mechanics at the dealers. Call me boring but I only want to use TuneECU to check the diagnostics and error messages that might show up at service time. Assuming my new Bonnie does have the new tamper proof ECU (someone here mentioned the '13 Bonnie's are no longer safe), my question is: does checking the error codes and diagnostics using Tune ECU trigger the tamper switch? or does this only happen when uploading a new tune? Haven't used Tune ECU yet but if it cripples my bike I will reluctantly take it to the dealer for diagnostic checks.
Cheers
Rob

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks Forchetto, just read your message, by chance, Rob R message came to my email not yours? Got to talk to DealerTool thru PayPal They did not get my emails,could not figure out,maybe me PC fouled up lots of PM,s wanting pics of my mods,but they are not uploading to RAT, will work on that, DealerTool said no prob will refund, will go with OBD11 Can_Bus you recommended,untill I have cahonies to use TunECU

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi

I have just got a 2014 Speed Triple R ABS VIN# 610XXX. Is anyone aware if these ECU's have the Tamper flag in them and is OK to use with Tune ECU without alarm bells ringing. I see the Street Triple's have so wondered about the Speedy

DealerTool says that theirs is OK with all new Triumph Models but it is lacking the mapping feature so may not activate the flag anyhow

I have tried to contact Alain via Tune Ecu website but have not received any reply

TIA

--
Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts
Surface Pro & Windows 8 :)

For peoples info

Tonight I have been successful with connecting to my 2014 Speed Triple R using a Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet running Windows 8 with the cable from LonElec

The driver for the cable had to be installed under compatabilty mode for it to be installed.

I haven't downloaded any maps yet but all of the sensors and readings respond and disconnecting left the bike as it was before with no error lights flagged up

HTH

--
Mark

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any ideas on ECU limitations for a 2014 model Rocket III roadster, it's on a 2013 plate but is the newer black with red version, bought in September...same deal as the twins? Anyone know for certain what the deal is? I can access diags just fine and download the map no problem too but I daren't make any changes just yet....all I want to do right now is adjust the speedo accuracy :)

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Any ideas on ECU limitations for a 2014 model Rocket III roadster, it's on a 2013 plate but is the newer black with red version, bought in September...same deal as the twins? Anyone know for certain what the deal is? I can access diags just fine and download the map no problem too but I daren't make any changes just yet....all I want to do right now is adjust the speedo accuracy :)
I think that if you've managed to access the ECU for diagnostics and map loading you'll be OK for any changes.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Oh, so the ECUs that are tamper proof don't allow diag or downloads of a map to PC?
It's not clear exactly what happens. Some say that unless it's done with the official factory diagnostic tool you can't access the ECU. Others have suggested that it goes into a sort of locked mode as soon as you try to tamper with it and it has to be released by the factory.

Perhaps someone with more info can chime in but I think you'll be OK. This is the latest info we have from TuneECU site, the Rocket III is not included in the warning:

14-November-2012- IMPORTANT NOTE:
Attention !! The following models are factory equipped with an anti-tamper system.

• Triumph Tiger Explorer, all models
  • new Triumph Trophy, all models
  • new Triumph Street Triple from model 2013 and upwards (from VIN# 560477 and upwards)

addendum dec.25.2012
  • new Triumph Daytona675 from model 2013 and upwards ( VIN# 564948 and upwards)
These models are not supported by TuneECU.​
!!! Never connect TuneECU with these models !!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
You and the TuneECU gang are most likely right, but I think I'll hold off of tweaking until spring next year when I really could do with the changes. Just got back from a ride to triumph today and spent 23 hours cleaning and treating the bike once I was home, I want to keep it off the road for now...I have another for the bad weather!....plus I wouldn't mind seeing someone else doing it before me on a 2013 reg 2014 model rocket ;)

41 - 60 of 89 Posts