Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Dart flyscreen through the classifieds here from another member. Thanks geolpilot for the smooth deal.

I installed it and rode a few hundred miles to make sure I liked it.

With the lower "M" bars on my bike, I find the forward lean combined with the Dart makes a significant improvement on the highway.

Once I was sure I was gonna keep it on the bike, I wanted to make it fit my theme a little better.

Tomorrow, I got to the dealer and get a Thruxton seat cowl. I've got an idea of how I will paint it too.

·
Registered
386 Posts
paint scheme

Does look good, but wouldn't it match the paint scheme of your bike if the colors were reversed? But you did it your way, and if you like it, that is all that matters.:confused:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Glad you like it. I tried it for a while, but it wasn't enough for me in the winter. A NC wind deflector mounted high works well for me. I have its base against the instrument cans instead of the headlight.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hummmm. I'm looking at it. I'm not sure I like it, or am repulsed by it, but I can't seem to look away... Is the White too wide...? Is there Gold Pin Stripes there too...?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow !

MOST EXCELLENT !! OUTSTANDING !! wish id have thought of that before i sold mine,lol but ive still got my national,but the chrome might not lend itself well to that treatment. but yours sure turned out well good on you ..

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Great.........but........and there is always an irritating BUT on this forum........you have done wot I did on my bonnie (namely dart, m bars, decent silencers, different seat - in my case Mototwin)........but........your upper half is forward projected but I note your lower half is stock.
For me, and of course I can only speak for me, I put the Norman Hyde rearsets on.
Now that transformed the bike - the seating position, the handling, and the vertical movement of foot to ground (major plus on the safety front).
In fact, the changes were so good, I bought the Thruxton.
Now, if I had been Victor Kiam, I would have bought the company.
But I am not, so I did not.
But I can say - I am glad I stopped fiddling with the Bonnie!

·
Registered
25 Posts
...In fact, the changes were so good, I bought the Thruxton.
Now, if I had been Victor Kiam, I would have bought the company.
But I am not, so I did not.
But I can say - I am glad I stopped fiddling with the Bonnie!
Heh. I guess for some, the fiddling IS the point. But I'm with you; I made a list of everything I wanted to do to a Bonnie to make it just like I wanted it, and came up with... the '09 Thruxton. Which is what I bought.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Karl - welcome to the Forum and enjoyed your blog post about your Thruxton.
But a quick question - the pic on your blog site - is that a knuckleduster just behind the front footpeg??!!
PS - check out the norman hyde rearsets - much better than the stock crapioli.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Karl - welcome to the Forum and enjoyed your blog post about your Thruxton.
But a quick question - the pic on your blog site - is that a knuckleduster just behind the front footpeg??!!
PS - check out the norman hyde rearsets - much better than the stock crapioli.
Sofiaspin- yep! It's a heel guard from motocyco.biz. They make 'em in devil heads, union jacks, trucker girls, and all sorts of great stuff.

Mine pictured here.

I didn't realize the norman hyde rearsets were different than the stock thrux pegs; how are they better?

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.