Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a TR-7/T140/'78 750 and have a few questions . I'm looking for part sites that have rubber covers for shift lever & kickstand(center). gaskets for rocker covers & oil sump base/cover & related drain/bolt gaskets(copper?). more importantly Is there a better carb available than the stock Amal? there is alot of electronic ignitions out there which ones do you recomend?

·
Registered
376 Posts
You probably want the Classic,Vintage & Veteran section.

·
Registered
825 Posts
There are a few sites in the UK that deal with vintage Triumphs. Buy a Classic Bike mag and I'm sure there will be loads of advertisers there

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I meant to ask was does this Tiger forum, include old tigers '78 vintage like mine. Thanks all you've been very helpful. Cloudy that was the forum I was looking for & Steve I'd love to send pics but don't know how yet.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
It's easy, just use a photo program (I use Irfanview) and then you drag the picture to the bottom of your post in that Drag and Drop File Upload box.
I always wanted a Combat Wombat but who didn't?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks steve still don't know how to get pics from phone to my computer so I can do that, sorry mine is just a wombat dual/street/trail. combat wombat is a mx race bike, all hodakas are cool esp. the names they gave them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep, super rat,super combat wombat,dirt squirt, look them up on wikipedia.org fascinating story, once owned by Shell oil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts