Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few things I purchased recently that because of the nature of internet purchasing arrived and were the wrong size.

With exception of the gloves every thing was tried on only once upon which I discovered they didnt fit or was sent the wrong size.

As for the gloves I have worn them only once and prior to my single ride on the street I wore them for a day flexing and clenching the fingers in an attempt to break them in somewhat with no success, they are simply too snug for comfort, I cant claim to have not stretch them out a bit at all, I dont think I did but I cant state for sure as they feel exactly the same to me the few times I've actually put them on my hands (again, with only once taking them on a ride on the street).

I have simply held on to these items too long to send them back, they are all in brand new condition and am willing to sell them at a handsome discount to anyone interested.

I'll make this as uncomplicated as possible and the first to let me know they have interest will be first to get them, just PM me. I have just set up a simple PayPal merchant account and plan to use this to facilitate the transaction. They have a simple-straightforward merchant service Email Payment tool (You get an email, you click, are taken to the Paypal site and finalize transaction and shipping address details) to handle this.

Pics are marketing pics from manufacturer, if pics are needed of actual physical item I have, let me know and I'll take pics and email them (I planned to do that initially as I originally intended to put this stuff up on Ebay). These pics here and now are strictly so that you know what product I'm referring to.

I figured I'd offer them here first as I hang here and would certainly be for offering anyone here an opportunity to get this gear if it is of interest to you.

Here Goes,

AlpineStars GP Tech gloves, Black, Size XL. I Paid $216 plus shipping but will sell for $100.

-----------------------
JoeRocket SpeedMaster Leather pants (SOLID..NOT PERFORATED!!), Size 38. I paid $330 for them plus shipping, I'll give 'em up for $200.

I had particular trouble finding a pair of leather riding pants to fit me so take note and read up about the sizing of Leather riding pants so that you are comfortable in your decision to buy mine..If you can find time to go to a local shop that has a set in this size you can try on, all the better.

-------------------------
AlpineStars 7-2 Jacket, (note: it's a solid jacket, no vents or perforations), Vintage White, size US 46 or EURO 56 (I thought I had ordered a US size 56 so me fitting into this size 46 is a total joke). I paid $360 plus shipping, I'll give it up for $220. It is completey brand spankin' new!

-------------------------
Last for now is the AlpineStars 7-10 WP (waterproof) textile Jacket, Black, Size 3XL (I'm not certain what that translates to numerically, I'm guessing 50-52 but dont hold me to it. Evidently I'm under some delusion as to my size and build as this jacket is simply too snug, it seems I need a 4XL which nobody carries. I paid $180 for it I'll sell it for $100.

Think hard, scrutinize your choices and do your research on the products if you find yourself with an interest in these that I'm offering. I am no 'Merchant', I'm just a guy sellin' his junk!! So sales are final unless product contains damage when you get them, as of now they are pristeen and are still sitting in the same boxes they were shipped to me in. Get somewhat familiar with the nature of the sizing of these manufacturers because in my case the very reason I'm selling them is because upon arrival they proved to be too snug for my build and I certainly have no issues with the other 4-pairs of various XL-sized gloves I have but these one were just too snug. Same goes with the pants and jacket.

check with AlpineStars, Joe Rocket or call NewEnough.com or MotorcycleSuperstore.com and talk to a rep to get better size approximations for some of this stuff from folks more expert than myself at guessing. Dont make the mistake I did and go buying stuff that wont fit you. Best method I can think of is to go to your local Cycle shop, act like your a potential buyer and try on this stuff (assuming they have this gear) to be certain about the fit.

Do your research, then check, then double-check before deciding to buy them..again I'm just some dude selling his wares with no corporate return policy!

If you are interested in anything here send me a PM and let me know, it might also make sense to post on this thread to let others publicly know that you have first 'dibs'.

I'll ship anyway you want so long as there are signatures and/or tracking numbers required, there will be full and open dislosure on shipping price which will be added to the requested price of item. Items get shipped as soon as PayPal tells me payment has been made.

If there are no takers here, or if I have stuff left over I'll be heading to Ebay as I originally intended to put them up for sale.

Again, I'm repeating myself but if you do have an interest check and double-check the nature of the sizing of these items so that you can be confident that they will fit and you will have no sizing issues because unless damaged in transit (and if so shipping box will presumably be damaged and so you can freely refuse taking delivery from shipping company and have it returned to me) all sales are final.

later,

·
Registered
336 Posts
The stuff is too big for me man, but it's very cool of you to offer it to us at such a great discount.

I'm sure somebody will swipe that gorgeous stuff up at those prices fairly quickly.

JOHN

·
Registered
583 Posts
hey rude, i know theres a slim chance in hell, but any way we could get together on thurs to let me make sure that those gp gloves dont' fit? cause i love those things

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a problem JR, work is going easy on my 'cos of my recent personal 'hiccup' so I'm free and flexible for a while, just let me know where and when to meet up.

Saw the pics of those wheelie's...when I grow up I wanna be like you! :wink: You make 'em look too easy!

(that's a 'Dibs' on the AStars GP tech's)

·
Registered
309 Posts
i haven't sized jackets recently but how big are you witha 4xl?? I'm between 6'4 and 6'5 and weigh about 260 so I have no clue what might fit :???: :???:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On 2006-12-07 05:09, S32k1 wrote:
i haven't sized jackets recently but how big are you witha 4xl?? I'm between 6'4 and 6'5 and weigh about 260 so I have no clue what might fit :???: :???:
I'm about 6'4" and 250LBS.

I dont think any of this stuff will fit you unfortunately.

For comparison I have a Teknic cordura jacket and a JoeRocket speedmaster Jacket both size US-56 and a couple of Icon Daytona Jackets that are sized 4XL. These are the jackets that fit well.

I have a TourMaster Cortec GX sport cordura jacket also in size 4x and it's too puffy in the body as if assuming I'm simply a lardass (No offense meant to the lardasses :-D ) instead of an ex-athlete :-D .

Not an uncomon experience I seem to have when finding gear and as with motorcycle gear you need to be more precise with regard the fit than other more general garments.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rude,

What about the pants didn't fit right? I think I'm sized similar to you (36" inseam Levis), and would appreciate learning what didn't fit right with that brand/model of pants. (even if they are sold by now)

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
583 Posts
just to let everyone know, i pm'd rude after hanging out with the gloves for a day,, they are awesome, but i couldn't justify takeing such a deal because they just didn't fit right, love em, but someone else on here deserves them i'm sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts