Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating the purchase of either a Classic Gunfighter or Gunfighter & Lady. I'm leaning toward the solo Gunfighter but would appreciate pics of both. Especially any pics of Bonnevilles that have reverse cone style mufflers with the Corbin. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a smuggler I bought on craigslist, not a gunfighter, but similar.
I think it was one of the best additions to the bike that i've made other than pipes, bars, rearsets...
I had previously done 600plus mile days on the stock seat and just figured that the butt cramps were a symptom of the distance/time. I don't get any issue at all until after 400 or so miles now, where before I was cramping at 150 to 200 miles. I think the wider seat pan has more to do with it than the padding, which is firm. There are cheaper options out there that probably work just as well, but for the overall look of the bike, and the quality of the leather, I'm totally satisfied with the purchase.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Corbin

Nice clean lookin Bonne ROD!! Workin my way there. Been thinkin the Corbin seat. Thats it "Thinkin". Workin on the handling/ performance stuff/ Seat real much $$$!! Finish my forks/ shocks/ brakes- will be my next for sure. Till then building calouses on my ass!!
Sat on a GF &L- was real comfy!! My ass keeps reminding me!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Corbin Seats

FWIW:

I've had two Triumphs, ('96 Trophy 1200 & current '98 Sprint Executive), with the Corbin seat. Both were too hard for my tastes.

Others in my circle have used and loved them. It seems to be a matter of personal taste.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Here is mine

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Here ya go Phil. I Still have the smuggler on my main ride. But had a G&L for a while and a gunfighter - all comfortable seats. Can't tell ya about Corbin because all were used purchases. I did have to modify/relocated brackets for the best fit on all except the G&L - got lucky on that one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Forgive the lighter shade (Indian Brown) I was going for something that wouldn't set me afire in the heat of summer on long rides.

Its a wonderful seat, worth its price in every way. I'd have gone with the gunfighter, but wanted to keep the possibility of a place for a girl to sit should I actually find one to date.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Corbin

I agree w/ the GF&L just in case . I ahvent found someone I want on the back yet! Would rather ridesolo. No offense, but the brown doesnt do the Cremecycle justace! I woulda gone w/ black or a 2 tone pleat. Can always use a cover in the heat? Nice seat!! Will be an add on i nthe future after the suspension, & brakes Doing 1 tire now & rear brakes. When the ft tire (& rear) isready for replacement- its brembro dual piston brakes, rotors, etc.. The shocks & progressive ft spring is next. AAH the list never ends. If there is anything left- there will be a corbinon on her! God I lovethe cremecycle! Mine got sold out from under me. Did a custom (made in showroom) Bonne Blk- took 3 hrs todesign. Dealer wanted t oget me out of there so I got a good deal on the extras! They say the corbin takes some time to (breakin) fit you . Let me/ us know how thAT goes?

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
I rode with this Corbin on my W650 for at least 5 seasons, probably 40,000 miles, and it worked out perfectly. I purchased one for my T100, and for some reason, I've gotten accustomed to the stock saddle, and haven't used the Corbin but a few times. I keep thinking I might buy another Bonnie in the future, and trick it out so that the Corbin really look right on it .... for some reason, (to me) bikes with the kicked up exhausts like the Thruxton's, and a short or no rear fender seem to go nicely with the lines of the Corbin.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n284/bcgilligan/My W650 Motorcycle/?action=view&current=W6503QtrView.jpg

Bob

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've had the Gunfighter solo for a while and just love it. I've even done an Iron Butt ride with it and think it's great.
Price wise, it's not out of line to a Triumph accessory seat either.
Here's a pic.

·
Registered
276 Posts
No offense, but the brown doesnt do the Cremecycle justace!
None taken. It looks better in person tho. I wanted something a bit different, and got it. It grows on you for sure, when I first opened the box, my thoughts were "what have I done" but now I love it and wouldnt trade the color for anything...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gunfighter too hard for me

After 10,000 miles I finally realized the Corbin Gunfighter would not get any more comfortable then sitting on a couple of bricks for me. I could only last about 75 miles before I needed a walk around break for my butt. Didn't want to get off the bike just couldn't take the burning butt any longer. Took the seat to a local shop. After a lengthy conversation with the owner on what I was needing he used the Corbin pan, lengthend the seat, installed his seat foam, shortened and lowered the rear hump. Covered with his leather. He did say Corbin makes a well built seat. His work is very good also. I now ride a full tank of gas before getting off the bike. No more burning butt issues. The Corbin was just too hard for me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I get a Corbin for every bike I've owned. It's a necessity for me. I wish I could roll w/ solo seats but here's what I ended up with. The coolest part is you get to design your seat

·
Registered
34 Posts
I rode with this Corbin on my W650 for at least 5 seasons, probably 40,000 miles, and it worked out perfectly. I purchased one for my T100, and for some reason, I've gotten accustomed to the stock saddle, and haven't used the Corbin but a few times. I keep thinking I might buy another Bonnie in the future, and trick it out so that the Corbin really look right on it .... for some reason, (to me) bikes with the kicked up exhausts like the Thruxton's, and a short or no rear fender seem to go nicely with the lines of the Corbin.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n284/bcgilligan/My W650 Motorcycle/?action=view&current=W6503QtrView.jpg

Bob
If you want to sell it let me know. I have a corbin on my kawi and have been thinking of getting one for the bonnie also.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a corbin on my kawi and have been thinking of getting one for the bonnie also.

Yea... I've been thinking about getting one myself. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the pictures Fellas. They all look so good I'm still on the fence about which one would suit me best.

I really like the look of my factory solo seat but can't stay on it for more than a hour tops. I tried a factory K&Q seat and man was it comfy... I just couldn't live with the fact that the seat was as big as the entire bike. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts