Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEEPIE, I got my tickets for the MotoGP at Laguna Seca Yee Haw!!!!!

Actually Mikey, my riding mate's wife Peggy decided we were good boys this year and for a combo surprise Christmas/Birthday present got them for us. I guess she needs a week off. We went in 2005 and had a blast. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.:Dance02::Dance02::Dance02:

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
YEEPIE, I got my tickets for the MotoGP at Laguna Seca Yee Haw!!!!!

Actually Mikey, my riding mate's wife Peggy decided we were good boys this year and for a combo surprise Christmas/Birthday present got them for us. I guess she needs a week off. We went in 2005 and had a blast. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.:Dance02::Dance02::Dance02:
Ya lucky bugger Donski.

You know we want photos so please take your fancy photo shooting equipment!

You deserve it Don.:)

Oh boy now Don has discovered the fancy smileys!

DaveM

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
:D This is me green with envy. Have never been able to see the GP at Laguna, but on the same page my dad and I swapped Christmas tickets again this year to the Indy GP and a new lense for my canon. Here are just a couple of the over 3k pics I took - can't wait to try my new lense this year.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Dolson

Superb! I am definitely going to book at least one European round this year - not Donnington though (too much of a hassle and rip-off!)

As for MVP44's photos - awesome! If I can -come back with anything approaching those I'd be chuffed to bits.:photos:

·
Super Moderator
21,183 Posts
YEEPIE, I got my tickets for the MotoGP at Laguna Seca Yee Haw!!!!!...
Just to confirm Don, you don't actually have them, right? Just the confirmation :confused:
I don't think they actually release them until June or so

We have ours reserved - including parking - Michelle got on the ball as soon as the last one over & made hotel res for next year; then tickets as soon as they went on sale First time we'll stay down there and also first time for Michelle riding her own bike. (extra bike parking ticket for dabrew- those much harder to get, they go quick)

Like you, can't wait - been every year since it came back.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are probably right Ken, I'm not handling the ticket end just the camping spot. Mikey and I camped last time and had a ball especially when the young gal next to us dove head first out of their tent with her knickers on because she was chased by a bee:D.

Kaw never really have their act together especially with the 4 stroke format. IIRC after the second year DORNA was going to yank them out as they didn't exhibit the technology befitting MotoGP and Kaw had to do some scrambling.

IMO I'll hand Honda the sharp knife. If they weren't so heathen in their attitude maybe I could have some feeling for them. It was great seeing Duc and Yam spanking the crap out of them. Just enough to warp their little egos.

STC, for a motorhead and motorcyclist Mikey is blessed with Peggy for a wife. Though looking at her you would swear she was a timid white haired LOL school teacher but inside beats the heart of a tiger. She would love to be a sidehack monkey at the IOMTT. She not only has been on the back of a bike doing 160 mph but loves it. She's been on the back of mine at 130+ and pounding my right shoulder to go faster. She's the ultimate backseater as you never know she's back there unless she want's to go faster.
Anyhow, Mikey and I have had a few issues this past year and I guess she though we needed to blow off some steam.
He's my best and now only riding mate and I thought we were going to loose that as he had a couple of health issues but has bounced back TG.

·
Super Moderator
21,183 Posts
....I'm not handling the ticket end just the camping spot. Mikey and I camped last time and had a ball ....
I think the camp-site would be a blast. We thought about it - although Michelle loves the bikes & all things motorcycling, she's still a girly-girl and will prefer the amenities of a hotel :p.
I'm sure there will be a lot going on in town too, so fun at both ends no doubt.
If we get half the race we had last year it will be incredible (actually one of the best races of the meet was the kids in the RedBull series!)

So you're riding down then?

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
She's the ultimate backseater as you never know she's back there unless she want's to go faster.
Lucky you, mine is the same. :)

We were on a ride on Sunday with some other (slower) bikes and I could feel her egging me on to pass and get on with the faster twisties and catch up to welshrob and Mick03rs up the front. :D

It is nice to have a similar interest. My wife always used to be my skydiving partner. You always know what they're thinking.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I purchased my tickets the day they went on sale in Oct.

I'm riding with my 8 year old,my brother and his kid.

It'll be his first long road trip.

Missed last years because we decided to see the first WSB at Miller motorsports park in Utah.

Tim :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts