Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Been a member for a short time now and this is my first post. Rode bikes 20 years ago but life got in the way...no more. Bought a new 08 Sprint ST and love it. Sexy lines, nice voice and it's RED!

Been reading ya'lls posts regarding handling and speed in comparison to modern Jap bikes, and while the ST is no record setter it does hold its own.

3 months have gone bye since I took ownership and at 3400 miles it went to the track. Penguin Racing School visiting Miami Homestead Speedway. Fine school by the way. Took the basic course to learn track rules. 40 or so would be racers in the class, mostly kids on gixers, couple of us old guys, me the only Triumph, only Sport Tourer, only guy on sport touring stock tires.

All I can say is the kids got schooled. The old guy on that red touring bike led the way ALL day. It corners well, drags the knee and can save you a shift in a short straight-a-way. Brakes are powerful too... 125 mph to a hairpin turn from 280 feet.

What a nice bike we have here and it seems, a great forum. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome aircarlosST-You have seen the light, and it's red! Although I have the even faster Caspian Blue!. I think the Sprint is the best all around bike I have ever ridden. That includes about 3 dozen of my own bikes plus many others belonging to friends.

Wait till you put some real tires on that bike (see the MANY tire threads). If you still have the stock tires you wont believe the difference a good set of tires will make.

As far as voice, I just installed a set of Tridents and although there are some recording floating around, you just can't beat hearing them in person. Intoxicating and addictive.

And you are right about the forum too, a greta bunch of crazy Sprint fanatics.

·
Premium Member
24,235 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome aircarlosST, to our Sprint forum:)

I hope you find this forum, friendly helpful and useful.

If you have been lurking you know I am going to ask you to please read our forum stickies as Don and I ask all noobs to do this.:)

Enjoy the forum and congratulations on a great machine.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
357 Posts
WELCOME and that scoot is the real deal...I've had mine on the block and cannot pull the trigger to get rid of it - it does too many things too well.

So...me keep and I'm happy.

Glad to have you aboard.!

·
Registered
300 Posts
The old guy on that red touring bike led the way ALL day. It corners well, drags the knee and can save you a shift in a short straight-a-way.
Old guys in white leathers rule...

Brakes are powerful too... 125mph to a hairpin turn from 280 feet.

Braking at the 3rd marker? You're not supposed to brake until you see God!!! :D :D :D

Good to see you got out on the track and had some fun. I'll have to get my old bones out there again too. Right quick!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seeing the Man

Used to see God alot on my Kawy H2, can't say I miss seeing Him:)

Next track day in 18 January 2009, then in Feb another school. Gues I'm a junkie now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts