Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since removing the zard exhaust and power commander from my 05 1050 its not wanted to start. It spins over quick eneough but takes an age to catch. After removing the Power commander I noticed that I have a grey plug which comes off the loom under the tank that doesnt seem to go anywhere. I assumed that this is just for diagnostics but can anyone confirm this for me. As I didnt fit the PC I cant work out whether it was meant to plug in anywhere. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The diagnostic plug is under the seat. As far as I know, there is no diagnostic plug under the tank. Where does the loom for that mystery plug go to?

I speculate that the power commander overrode the stock settings for fuel and spark. The computer likely went to a "limp home" mode. You may need to get a factory map.

Try your question at thespeedtriple.com in the 1050 forum.

Zip

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
If you have not done so already, go to your local Triumph service shop and have them install the ECU tune that matches your current setup.

Extra grey connector under airbox is OK. It does not connect with anything. I suspect the same ECU is used on 4 cylinder bikes too and on a Triple it is left unused.

Also check that O2 sensor on exhaust is still there AND connected to the main wiring loom. On PC3 setups it is usually replaced with an O2 sensor eliminator.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can also let your bike idle for 12 minutes without touching the throttle or switching it into gear. After 12 minutes your bike's ecu will go into a "learning" mode and slightly alter the ecu tune for better performance. This should help it somewhat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts