Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Guys, I am working on a few changes. First, I can't believe what a difference the Ikons make ! My Skooter feels like it is attached to road now, I can only imagine what will happen when I address the front end :) Second, my new Woodcraft Clip On's, I Love the Look ! The riding position is comfortable, and the handling seems to be quicker (maybe that's just me?). My D9 Bracket is waiting the arrival of it's Motogadget Chronoclassic (10k Model) , I can't wait for that even though the wiring will be a pain. I have a quick question for you Ikon Guys out there, how much preload are you running ? I am at 20mm right now with a 3 on Dampening. I weigh 230 right now (I'm on my way down). Let me know your thoughts? I appreciate all the help I've gotten here, it's what makes this Forum great. Thanks, Sutty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any Ikon Guys out there ?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had 7614 Ikons, then changed to Gazi and sold the ikons to my friend. I would have thought that for spring preload set at 20mm sag the ride would be very hard. I think I used to ride mine at 30mm and change to 25mm for a track day. Damping I cant recall except that it was easy to settle on a setting. I set it to suit riding with a pillion which was then quite good for sports riding solo. I think it was set at 2 but can't remember.

The Gazis are great, spring preload is easier to use, compression and rebound damping, and ride height adjuster. They might not be an Ohlins but might not be to far away in performance.

Cheers, Simmo

·
Registered
727 Posts
BTW it may be worthwhile investing in a front fork upgarde. I have had mine done with YSS emulators and heavier single rate springs. It works heaps better than standard. Better small bump compliance and better control when under strong braking.

Cheers, Simmo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brother, I am going to buy Traxxion setup I think, Or Racetech springs and valve not 100% sure yet. Thanks, also for the tip on the Ikons, I am really happy with them so far. Tu Compares, Sutty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoke to Ikon today, they told me to measure the overall spring length ( no load) 250mm then crank up the collar , compressing the spring (pre load) until it measures 230mm. Thus giving you 20mm of pre load. However, my shocks were already mounted, so I had to lift the bike and do it that way instead. Now however, for ease of checking, I measured the expose thread on the shock body below the locking ring. 20mm of pre load equals 25mm of exposed thread on the shock body. I hope this helps someone who is in my perdicament. Thanks, Sutty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts