Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANK YOU MODS FOR THIS WONDERFUL FEATURE!

I'm fed up with a certain member of this forum, and another member instructed me on how to ignore someone.

Just wanted to say thanks and I won't be as hot headed because he won't be bothering me anymore!

--Kory

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
I feel your pain Kory. Since being moderator here since 2002 the button I would most often like to have would be labeled NUKE!

·
Registered
348 Posts
More than likely you'll still see what your arch rivals are typing. When someone quotes him/her, you'll see both the quote and reply. So there's really no escaping...

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Oxford English dictionary gives this definition of forum:
• noun (pl. forums) 1 a meeting or medium for an exchange of views.

Am I the only one who feels that there a touch of the kindergarten about all this? Our two moderators do an excellent job of ensuring that the content of posts is decent and not abusive in any way. Do we really need a specific function to ignore other members? With such a large and diverse membership it is inevitable that we will not all share the same view, nor will we have the same personalities. The richness of such a forum is derived from the opportunity to learn from others and to appreciate, or at least consider, a viewpoint that is different to our own. We may choose to contribute or counter a post or we may choose to ignore it after reading. The key point is that views are heard. Selective exclusion of members from our own personal space benefits nobody. How can anyone effectively contribute to a thread if they only have a partial view?
I'll get off my soap box now! Someone else, indeed anyone else, can have a go.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Oxford English dictionary gives this definition of forum:
• noun (pl. forums) 1 a meeting or medium for an exchange of views.

Am I the only one who feels that there a touch of the kindergarten about all this? Our two moderators do an excellent job of ensuring that the content of posts is decent and not abusive in any way. Do we really need a specific function to ignore other members?
I have left other forums due to the lack of a killfile capability,
however In this forum I have not found a need. BTW: good job moderators...

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
It's a nice idea...........in theory

just don't forget that in REAL LIFE, unfortunately, no such button exists........

I take the view that if you meet a lot of arseholes, eventually it just makes you appreciate the decent people even more!!!!!!

·
Banned
918 Posts
As one who is guilty of bad judgment, times when I should have hit delete instead of enter, I must say, it's just the internet dude. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its good to have a nemesis.Keeps you on your toes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Better then a button

I always reach for my Pint of Guinness! "I don't need no stinkin buttons man" LOL :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts