Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know what if any the differences are between the Std 865 T100 Ignitor and the 865 Thruxton ignitor.?

Is there any difference in the ignition map or rev limiter?

Please advise if you know.
Thanks,
Dave.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I believe the answer is no, but check with Mike (pieman) at Triumph Twin Power...he's in the UK. Mike offers an ignitor reprogramming service that will maximize the potential of your machine....custom maps and rev limits, etc.

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Yep the same thing .The one and only thing a Thruxton has that will help a bonnie run better is there headers are better

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Triumph Australia s PR blurb states that the Thrux. has "hotter" cams. and "higher" compression, but I m yet to see any proof.
:confused:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Triumph Australia s PR blurb states that the Thrux. has "hotter" cams. and "higher" compression, but I m yet to see any proof.
:confused:
Agreed...unless the component replacement part numbers are different among the Thrux & other 865/360 twins, how could it?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Interesting..........Some Tiger 1050 owners were thinking about putting the "hotter" cams from a Speed Triple 1050 in their Tiger engine to get more hp. Finally someone did some research and found that the Tiger 1050, the Sprint 1050, and the Speed Triple 1050 have IDENTICAL engines internally. The only difference is the airbox, ECU's, and gear ratios external to the gearbox. In fact the engines are used on whichever model is being built without any identification to indicate the engine was made for one model or the other.

Back to the twins: One will probably find that the best cams available are from a 790 twin.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts