Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have relocated my ingition switch I've been trying to find a cover to fill in the big hole it left in the headlight bracket. I looked into the usual sites like N/B, Bellacourse, B.C. Can't find one. If anyone knows who sells them please let me know.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Hole

Simple request!! Go to Ace Hardware & ask the guy for a plug. 10-1 he will have a perfect fit!!! Its ALWAYS worked for me! They seem to have a plug/ cap etc foreverything!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Derby Boy

Where did you relocate your switch to? What bike do you have, and any problems with a shortage of wires? Possibly to a bracket like one of D9's?

I just looked at my ign. sw., and it's mounted the same place, and I'd end up with a hole too.

D9's hole plug looks like just the ticket.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
D9's stuff is top-notch, superb quality.

Another option would be to use different headlight brackets.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good suggestions, I'm thinking I'll look into a new headlight bracket, as I hate the Triumph one. The rubbers at the top and bottom are getting worn from the Arizona sun and there is nothing else to hold the headlight from swaying back and forth. Some old school clamp ons should look right at home.
Dan in Cibolo; look at my thread "What I did today"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts