Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I did,it was the first thing i did when the problem occurred. which is why i was convinced it was electrical, It must have fallen out when i put them back on the bike first time round, i never took the jets out of the tubes, i just un screwed the tubes and cleaned them in place, i must have disturbed it, and it fell out as soon as the engine was running, which is why i thought the carbs where not the problem,and looked for other things, lesson learnt. like i say thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I was riding back from a rally when the bike started to slow down like it had ran out of fuel, thats when i switched the kill button off and on which seemed to clear the problem, or at least i thought it had, It rode home ok, It was the next time i took it out that i realised it was struggling to go above 4200 revs, Thats when i took the carbs off and found contaminates in the carbs, hence cleaning the carbs out, duckbill and petcock and tank, as i said in previous comments when i rebuilt and tested i saw some improvement but still had the problem, so i assumed it was electrical,hence my post about the igniter. what must have happened is when i put the carb back together the centre main jet must have been loose, poss disturbed from removing emulsion tube, it fell out, creating yet another problem which i assumed was electrical, (series of events).

41 - 43 of 43 Posts