Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to purchase a 2007 Triumph, which model would you buy? I sure wish they would start making the classic triples again because none of the current models trip my trigger like my TBS.

Kem

·
Registered
96 Posts
the sprint is supposed to be fantastic - i think i'd go for that.

apparently they are going to move production of the classic range to Thailand - there goes the neighbourhood

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
On 2006-12-13 21:07, Kem770 wrote:
If you had to purchase a 2007 Triumph, which model would you buy? I sure wish they would start making the classic triples again because none of the current models trip my trigger like my TBS.

Kem
True.. there is nothing in the lineup now that floats my boat. Maybe one of the twins if they were not so underpowered.

I suppose the nearest thing to my ideal is the Rocket III, but I wish they would bring out something that bridges the gap. The 1300-1600cc retro/cruiser market is a big segment with no Triumphs in it..

·
Registered
590 Posts
The speed Triple gives me wood, when I get some money again I'm gunna get me one of those.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Slinky,

Your Christmas wish has been granted :-D this week's MCN

on pages 12/13 there is an article on 'Triumph's Harley beater spotted' a bike under test that is a 1500cc twin, which is two cylinders of a Rocket three turned 90' to make a big twin. Due out in autumn 2007, so you can start saving now.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm glad to have a very nice Triumph right now!

I'd probably go with the Thruxton, in red with the white stripes. At least, that's the one that I could afford most easily.

However, I also really like the new Tiger. That's not to mention the Speed Triple, which I've dreamed about, and the Sprint, which would be ideal in many ways. It's good I don't have to make a decision right now.

Thanks for the heads up on the new model, johnyC. Now if we'd only start hearing some rumors of a new 675 streetbike!

:drool:

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Rocket III Touring edtion.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I agree with Jerry , the Rocket 3 Tourer would be my pick right now, but I'll hold off a bit longer to see if the larger twin rumor turns out to be true.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Texastri,

Maybe you missed the point of my earlier post, it's not a rumour.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
on pages 12/13 there is an article on 'Triumph's Harley beater spotted' a bike under test that is a 1500cc twin, which is two cylinders of a Rocket three turned 90' to make a big twin. Due out in autumn 2007, so you can start saving now.
Now there's a bike for which I have ZERO interest.

If I start saving it's going to be for a couple more triples! :-D

Jim

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2006-12-14 03:23, johnyC wrote:
Slinky,

Your Christmas wish has been granted :-D this week's MCN

Now that may be kind of sweet. Thanks for the info.

Kem

·
Registered
844 Posts
Maybe one of the new BMW's (yak), as the new vertical twins might be interesting. Or a Buell adventure bike. I sat on a kTm supermotard looking job the other day that felt good (would need serious remodeling though.

Most interesting would be the Moto Guzzi Griso.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Rode a Speed Triple at a demo day and I made the statement then and I am sticking to it "I would get killed if I owned one of them." They are fast and more than a hoot to ride. One of the 'funnest' bikes I have ever ridden. I had too much fun and would probably pay for it in time. The Scrambler is the only other one that holds any interest for my. None of them do for me what my Legend does. Guess I'll keep her. Getting harder to find.
Flybiker

·
Registered
183 Posts

I would keep the TBS because she is my first (i mean second after my wife of course) love.
But this Speedy with that pipe makes me think nasty thoughts!
John

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On 2006-12-15 19:30, jaben wrote:
I would keep the TBS because she is my first (i mean second after my wife of course) love.
But this Speedy with that pipe makes me think nasty thoughts!
John
Your TBS looks great. I'm with you John. I'll be keeping my TBS because even after 18 months we're still on our honey moon. Although I do have to admit the thought of riding a babe like the S3 is tempting.

Kem

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2006-12-14 02:26, WoodsieIII wrote:
The speed Triple gives me wood
Not sure I know what you mean...but what the h3LL....the Speed Triple gives me wood too!
Please Santa bring me one for X-mas...I can't live without one!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd love a Speed Triple but it gets the thumbs down from my wife - have you any idea how the pillion is supposed to stay on? I thought about a new Tiger as they look pretty good and then a test said you need a step ladder for the pillion to get on.... have Triumph got something against passengers? I would pay good money for an updated Legend/Thunderbird/TBS with a 1300cc engine and more brutal styling.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I would have to choose the Speed Triple or the Rocket III.
I love the look of the Triple but must admit my thoughts have been turning toward something better suited for long rides. (500miles or better)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts