Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
That could be a long list as there are a ton of good bikes for sale under $5,000.

To answer the question: I don't know. There are a lot of bikes I want but not too many I'd actually buy. I'd probably put the money in the bank and wait until something good comes up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A Thruxton like the one for $4250.00 that I had to pass-on a couple weeks ago because I still have kids at home and work is slow.

Joe

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Vincent Rapide Series C. Just as soon as one becomes available at that price.;)

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Hold your breath and maybe it'll happen.

Or better yet, click your ruby Sidis together 3Xs and repeat: There's no bike like Vincent. There's no bike like Vincent. There's no bike like Vincent.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I live in hope that one will be lurking behind the next barn door I open. (& the owner's clueless to it's value)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
A good used Bonnie of course!
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! There's my answer!

To answer the question: I don't know. There are a lot of bikes I want but not too many I'd actually buy. I'd probably put the money in the bank and wait until something good comes up.
Yep, he's a wild man, our Lefty. :p

I live in hope that one will be lurking behind the next barn door I open. (& the owner's clueless to it's value)
I live in hope that the next barn door will be owned by someone who isn't nearly as good a shot as the owner of the last barn door. Thank God I was still wearing the Wehrmacht helmet from my alternative lifestyle buccaneer costume! :eek:

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
I would rekindle my first love...
A 1985 RZ250R. It was an awesome bike for its time.

Fat chance of picking one of them up in any sort of condition for five grand here though.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Oh you never know Dog. There might be one hiding behind my Vincent.

·
Registered
313 Posts
In proper money that would be about £2500 I think.................hmmmm, dilemma - do I go vintage Jap 2 stroke (Yam YR5, Kawasaki Avenger etc or a newish Guzzi 750 and concentrate on making the Triumph cool and impractical. Sorry can't make a decision. Everyone needs one practical and one impractical bike.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Well, i already have my Sprint or I'd buy another Sprint (used, yes). I'd be between:

Used Thruxton
Used gixxer
DRZ400SM
Old KDX200 or 220, possibly would convert to a super moto
Maybe a Ducati Monster

Yes, they are all pretty different, but those are the bikes I'd like to have in that price range. I already have an MX bike or those would be first on the list.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts