Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its corny and why bother, these new bikes have got real character. something that takes you from your work to your play and then some more,makes you feel pretty good,makes me feel alright:)J.B.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Out with my bike in the mountains the otherday I was smiling from ear to ear.Its an honest motorcycle without all the needless crap added to it.

Remember - it's better to be sitting on a motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about your motorcycle. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Remember - it's better to be sitting on a motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about your motorcycle. :)
Amen to that Sal

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Rode it to work every day last week. Rode it to work every day this week. It's an attitude adjustment at the beginning and end of the day. :D

I've had a lot of bikes. I'm about 8 months in here, and the damn thing still makes me grin. There's something about it I just can't quite put my finger on, or explain to others - it is what it is, and it is a very good thing. :cool:

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Great thought! Reminds me of the old saying ".....I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy .....". Sorry, couldn't resist it, Sal!

Seriously, something about the Britbike classic layout just simply works. I always await boos and hisses when I mention my long-gone W650 in the same vein, but she too was Motorcycle 101 ... just slightly lighter, smaller, and less powerful than my T100.

Bob

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh, thanks for the positive response on my post,it really is amazing what these bikes are,and how they get a hold on your life:)J.B.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Johnny,
My best buddy bought a chopper thing and he really is slowing me down. When I try and tell him how great my Bonny handles, he tells me that he "doesn't care about racing". Me neither. I'm not racing. No matter how I try I can't explain - I just want to hit the next turn and wring it out. The bike is just so much fun.and such a pleaure to ride I can't help myself.

I told him that I like to have some fun in the turns and he said " Harley guys don't care about that."

What?***?

What do they care about?

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
It's got two wire spoked wheels, a plain seat, decent handlebars, and a good motor. You can ride it slow, ride it medium or ride it fast.

It handles just about anything you want to give it, is fun to ride around on, and doesn't cost much.

When the "Big Guy" upstairs had a motorcycle in mind, I have no doubt that this is exactly what he was thinkin'.

It doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

·
30,533 Posts
Good summation. I like mine a lot. I like everyone elses too, but I like mine more.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Well I have to agree whole heartidly. I just got this:

I rode it all last week to try and get my kms up on it because of the trip I am taking it on in a bout a week and a half.

Last night I took my Bonnie out to do some running around and the Bonnie is just twice the bike of the Tiger. Nothing against the Tiger, just the Bonnie is rich in character and class where as the Tiger is comfortable and powerful but, I don't know....blendable?

·
30,533 Posts
Well the tiger is a mighty nice bike too. The Bonnie is better - but the tiger is still cool. Nice acquisition!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Mythical pursuit of the perfect ride.

Well the tiger is a mighty nice bike too. The Bonnie is better - but the tiger is still cool. Nice acquisition!
Hilarious.
perfect ride as in the holy grail....Why do I ride? Today was the answer. I have been tweaking my bonny since I bought it this winter and it is now how I believe it should be. We ride to seek the holy grail...that perfect sense of correctness between man, machine and nature. It is a drug. Sometimes the ride falls short...too much wind, too much cold or heat...too much traffic. I had a perfect ride this morning. 68 deg F, radiant sunshine, no wind, dew on the grass...low sun...very little cars and some perfect twistie road ahead. It was one of the best rides of my life where my braking and shifting up and down was only measured by the road without encumberence of any slower moving vehicles. I did pass an elderly gent on what looked to be a vintage BMW motorbike and gave him the thumbs up when I accelerated by. :)
The new Bonnie rode perfectly and couldn't ask for any more.
George

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
The Tiger is great but I just don't feel like a "biker" when I get on it. It is a totally different ride.

That being said, it will pull the front tire off the ground in a heart beat. I have the Arrow system on it and it sounds fantastic. It is amazing on the highway and incredibly nimble. Different ride.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts