Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why do you question the 96bhp?
thats what it states i9n every spec sheet i have seen (well, around that figure)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rarity does not necessarily mean valueable. Why were there only 150 made you must ask yourself. Could it be because people preferred the 900 as it was better?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i believe the general concensus for ceasing production was that it didnt get a look in, as the journo's of the time were only interested in the daytona thou(as it was a 4 cylinder with more power, which is what they were used to) so they gave the 750 a 900 cc motor that carried more torque, and the journo's took more interest and started writing about it!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you will probably find that although max hp is not really increased, the torque will have been improved, which is what the selling point was for the triples.

technicaly, my 750 should have a higher top end speed than a standard 900, as bhp is almost the same, except the 750 has a higher redline.the 900 will just get there quicker!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
IIRC, red line is 9700 for the 900 mill & 11000 for the 750. D750 is absolutely correct about the max HP being essentially identical.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have my doubts whether there was only 150 made as windy corner have now taken that sentence out of there advert.If they produced 5-6000 bikes in each early year,surely it would have been spread across the range.Was told also that there were only 180 daytona 1000s made but that figure could be 800

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there were aprox 300 made, and roughly half were black, and half were red, either way, a damn site less than most other bikes!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts