Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, this may be a little long, but I am having a problem wiring up some idiot lights on my 2014 Bonneville T100.

A little background. I purchased the Dime City Cycles ORIGINAL "LOW-PRO" SPEEDOMETER GAUGE CLUSTER BRACKET and the accompanying 12VDC MINI 5MM LED lights for the gauge.

I reduced my instruments from a speedo and a tach, to speedo only, but wanted the High Beam, Neutral, Oil and Turn Signal indicators.

I followed a wiring plan from an earlier thread, and have had some success, I have the high beam and the neutral working, but my oil light and check engine light are stuck on. And I can't get the indicators working as I haven't found the right diodes yet.

Also, I have not been able to locate the wiring diagram for the 2014 Bonneville T100 all black. The diagrams I have found in these threads are different. Close, but no cigar.

Here is the wiring set up I have used. The "Red and Black" wires come from the LED lights to the stock wiring harness:

Neutral Light : (works)
Red Wire ---> Green/Red - Ignition Power
Black Wire ---> Black/White

Turn Signals: (not working)
Red Wire ---> 1 Green/Red + 1 Green/White (need diodes)
Black Wire ---> Black

Oil: (constant on)
Red Wire ---> Green/Red Ignition power
Black Wire ---> Black Oil Pressure wire (could be I transposed this with the ground wire?)

High Beam: (works)
Red Wire ---> Blue/White
Black Wire ---> Black Ground

I cut the rest of the wires from the OEM connector as all that was left was CANBUS. Do these need to be terminated? Or are they OK just being cut off and sealed?

As I said, the oil light is on constant and the check engine light is on.

Help me ObiWan, you're my only hope...

And, I found the lack of help and instructions from DCC very frustrating. May have to go bak to British Customs.

Here is the original thread I referenced: http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-technical-talk/265265-idiot-light-wiring-question.html

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry can't help w above but doesn't this bracket allow you to use the stock warnings lights? Could be a solution if they let you exchange

http://bonnevillebrackets.com/product/ssswl-v1/
Thanks Radracer, but the 2014 T100 is a CANBUS setup and the instruments are like the picture posted. The warning lights are integrated into the tach and can't be removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

I fixed the Oil light, I had it connected to the ground and not the oil pressure lead.

Check engine light is a by product of my recent O2 sensor removal and disconnect of the wiring. A terminator block on order should fix that.

Now for my ongoing problem. I have my turn signal dashboard indicator wired as described above, and I installed the correct terminators. But I get nothing. I can't even get the turn signal indicator to light up even directly connecting either the left or right wire from the harness (Green/White and Green/Red).

So to recap:

Red wire - Green/White + Green/Red
Black wire - Black ground wire with High Beam Ground

See illustration below:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts