Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Bonneville T120 Black
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Rats,

I’m the proud (fourth) owner of a 2016 T120. The previous owner wasn’t able to tell me exactly what modifications are present.

I’m hoping that someone here can tell me if this is the original catalytic converter or an Xpipe. My hunch is the latter as it has also a booster plug and Remus pipes.

apologies for the quality of the photo, it’s the best I can do at the moment.

cheers!

1106AB6D-F05B-4DF4-860D-1D327F353A33.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is a Meerkat crossflow X pipe the unbadged option. obvious by the constant radius curve larger diameter tube ( and I recognise the welding)
cheers
Peter @ meerkat
Thanks Peter, big help. Good to know it’s meerkat, couldn’t be happier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is a Meerkat crossflow X pipe the unbadged option. obvious by the constant radius curve and larger diameter tube ( and I recognise the welding)
cheers
Peter @ meerkat
Finally got to ride the bike after waiting 6 weeks. Took it on a little 100k ride (including some twisties). I gotta say, this thing is a fire breathing dream machine. Love your work Peter!

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you're feeling adventurous a Power Commander or DNK tune will bring out the best from your Meerkat (not essential, but better than the booster plug :) )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're feeling adventurous a Power Commander or DNK tune will bring out the best from your Meerkat (not essential, but better than the booster plug :) )
Thank you, I hadn’t heard of either of these options so I’ll do a bit of reading. Of the two which would you recommend?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think most folks on the forum would go with the DNK tune - its lower cost and probably more effective as it allows increase in rev limit and throttle openings, which PC does not (look up Diva Danielle on this forum for more info). I went with the Power Commander as I didn't want to do anything irreversible to the ECU - doesn't do the rev limit or throttle openings, but fine for timing and AFR, and I'm more than happy with the result. Worth doing a bit of research before deciding (plenty of threads to browse)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think most folks on the forum would go with the DNK tune - its lower cost and probably more effective as it allows increase in rev limit and throttle openings, which PC does not (look up Diva Danielle on this forum for more info). I went with the Power Commander as I didn't want to do anything irreversible to the ECU - doesn't do the rev limit or throttle openings, but fine for timing and AFR, and I'm more than happy with the result. Worth doing a bit of research before deciding (plenty of threads to browse)
Thanks mate, appreciate the input, I’ll check it out. Adjusting the AFR seems like a pretty worthwhile modification. Cheers :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I found this one of the most useful threads on the subject, but it predates the TuneECU option

For Tune ECU (and DNK)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts