Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Scrambler (air cooled) that I am preparing to fit with a low pipe.

I have a need for a passenger backrest, a luggage rack and bag mounts all at the same time.

I have not seen a commercially available solution which offers all three.

Is there anything out there I have missed or do I need to fabricate a solution?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not sure about a passenger backrest, but the Renntec luggage rack is compatible with individual shock-mounted saddlebag mounts. I'm running those on my Scrambler and it works great.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just make sure whatever luggage rack you get is compatible with the Scrambler since it has a slightly different exhaust mount that can get in the way of some standard Bonnie racks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points all, thank you.

The Renntec rack does look solid but I will have to scrap the Triumph grab rail and existing low backrest. If I scrap that rail then I lose my lose my existing soft bag mount from MC Resources. Sigh...

In the long run I may be best off scrapping what I have now, mounting a Renntec rack and compatible bag mounts. I do have an aluminum (Samson) backrest mount intended for a Honda Sabre which can likely be modified to clamp to the rack. I used a similar backrest mounted to the stock rack on my V-Strom.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Renntec rack arrived and mounting it up. Unfortunately dremel tool will be needed as all the holes don't line up... putting it off until tomorrow....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Renntec rack now fits after a bit of trial fitting and grinding. Used dry galvanizing in the mounting holes to replace the ground away chrome.

I chose the Renntec in part because of the use of 7/8" and 1/2" tubing so I could use standard u-bolts to attach the backrest. Unfortunately the local hardware stores don't stock the small sizes. Sigh...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts