Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started watching the new (2nd) series of Ice Road Truckers here in the UK. I'm impressed with the guys who do this job every winter, looks like a tough job. The Guys featured seem like a great bunch of characters. Any of you US folk do this job? This series they are driving on the ice on the Arctic Sea, apparently it is only 39 inches thick, mad buggers!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
it is a pretty cool show , but reality tv blows , we live it everyday , sure don,t want to watch when i get home from work , i,m a diesel mechanic and truck drivers in a general are ok , but a big chunk of um are a pain in the ying yang .

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Driving tons of material and trucks on ice....You can either slide into an on coming trucks or have an accident, or perhaps just sink into freezing freaking water. Yikes! :eek:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.... it is just starting in NZ - I assume we're getting the 1st series?

Its amazing what they can make reality TV from these days - one 1 hour program OK - but a whole series?? We'll see - I guess the characters will start to come through like on Deadliest Catch.

Grant:cool:
You're right Grant. I thought how can they spin this out too one series yet alone many. But it is mildly addictive and yes the Characters do start to come through after a while...some you like others make you cringe....My does that Rick like to moan about everything!!

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Forget "Ice Road Truckers"

I think they should start a series called "Nice Road Truckers" about the rare few that are actually polite, don`t shout abuse at everyone out of the cab window, drive considerately AND weave all over the road whilst trying to snort speed to stay awake after driving continously for 24 hrs.

:D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they should start a series called "Nice Road Truckers" about the rare few that are actually polite, don`t shout abuse at everyone out of the cab window, drive considerately AND weave all over the road whilst trying to snort speed to stay awake after driving continously for 24 hrs.

:D
I and thought all that white powder was snow:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts