Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Deluxe,

I'm a Sportster owner and I agree that bike is interesting. I don't think you would feel it reminded you of a Bonneville if you rode it. That's a stock frame but with a low suspension. No ground clearance. Even with the springs under the seat it will beat your kidneys without mercy. And with that front tractor tire it will turn about as quickly as one. Look at that same side view of a stock Sportster XLH from around 2000, not the Hugger model, and you WILL se a bike that is comparable to a Triumph twin.

Joe

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Looks like a pig, & I bet it rides like one too.:p

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
It's not a bad looking bike, but if you hit a bump, looks like that rear tire is going to slam the rear fender. Ohio roads are getting to be in pretty crappy shape these days with the economy being what it is. Even the interstates aren't so nice anymore.
The fender is attached to the swingarm, silly. Which means the fender moves in conjunction with the tire and the swingarm. Unless you bend the struts that attach it, it can't hit the tire.

I don't nkow what it would be like to ride, but it is a damn good looking bike. The riding position with the pulled back bars looks to be comfortable for cruising around.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Or more cowbell...

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
It has nice lines and I like the whole retro things as well...but I would want to test drive it before saying any more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts