Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I finished up phase 1 of the project I am running. Made my travel arrangements and looked out the window. Balmy 12 celsius today. Whoo Hoo. Two days ago it was minus 20 celsius.

So my boss says, "Well , you have a motorcycle, why don't you take the afternoon off."

Oh, oh, oh!!! I thought about it long and hard,....about 1 minute and decide I would stay at work.

I have an itch that is not happy. But tomorrow it is minus 8 celsius and flurries,..so I thought I won't tease myself.

Damn am I crazy or what?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,...but lots of water from melting snowbanks and I don't know about Minnesota, but here they put about as much salt on the roads as KFC puts into a bucket so,...I will wait until it rains a bit over the next few weeks.

Still sucks. Guess I will keep disassembling the Honda.

·
30,008 Posts
Oh duh I forgot you are in Ottawa. Yep, salt crusted roads here too. I don't blame you, I wouldn't have taken the bike out either. I usually use my KLR650 in such conditions, but I have it stored in Texas for occassional rides down there when I am visiting on business. A pretty cool arrangement really.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
They say it's location, location, location! But it's not how far north you live that counts. Bellingham is about 3degrees further north than Ottowa and yet I added another ride day, today on the S3. It's cool, about 7 C but dry.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Can't wit to meet you wabill- my brother was in the coast guard near Port Angeles and married a girl from Bellingham who worked on Hurricane Ridge. Love Olympic!

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I thought about getting the bike out after work today(I was done @noon), but since it's going to get chilly again, I'd get the pedal bike out for a spin, besides it's better for the waistline...

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They say it's location, location, location! But it's not how far north you live that counts. Bellingham is about 3degrees further north than Ottowa and yet I added another ride day, today on the S3. It's cool, about 7 C but dry.

I really like your bike and lucky you being able to ride. Maybe I will see if there is a Triumph dealer in Vancouver for a demo spin since I will be there for 4 days in March :D

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
It was 50 degrees F here in New Hampshire yesterday. However with all the sand and salt on tne roads, my bike would have dissolved under me after 10 miles. I went for a walk with the dogs around the pond instead.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And today it returns to winter. Minus 20 celsius with the wind chill and blowing snow/flurries.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
It was 52 degrees here yesterday but the wind was blowing over 40mph. I declined to ride. The wind was super helpful for drying up the mess from all that melting snow and ice though. We haven't had rain yet to wash the salt off the roads, but they don't salt the country roads. So I was just planning to avoid the interstates and city roads. Hopefully I'll get out there soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts