Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched to the M4 pipe and now I need to figure out what to do with the holes from the exhaust hangers. Wanted to know what others have been doing. Any suggestions would be great......

I also have my Jardine RT-1's on sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested. $250 + shipping........

·
Registered
17 Posts
auto parts stores sell plastic plugs for car interior trim. They come in all differect sizes and just push in. Makes the holes vanish and looks factory.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just bought the Arrow system and have the same issue. I have decided to put my signals in there, the signal sits reallly tight in the rubber bush for the exhaust mount. I will see how it turns out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know someone who makes frame sliders. I was going to see if he build some type of slider that would fit the hole. I was thinking something cosmetic, but maybe it would be functional as well. I have to wait until the snow melts until I can drive over there, buy him some beers, and see if I can get him to offer it up. It may take a few months.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think I read a while back that some people have fitted small circular reflectors in there, I saw a pic at the time (cant remember where I saw all this now) and it looked like a natural complement to the bike IMO.

If you've taken of the passenger footpegs and have installed the M4, keep in mind the passenger footpegs did serve as a kind of crash slider and now you have nothing between your M4 pipe and rear body panel around the seat area if you ever happen to go down.

it'll be good to know if someone makes crash sliders that will mount in the passenger peg mount holes..I'm pretty sure Skyking made them for the 2004 model, not sure if they will fit a 2005+ though..might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Avi8tor,

Are those GXR passenger bracket/pegs?

Also thanks for the input guys, I was thinking along the lines of a slider. But the reflector/light looks pretty good too. I'm sure something will pop eventually.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yep GSXR hangers. There are various styles and most fit. Those in the pic above are the nicest looking, but put pillion's foot a LITTLE bit too close to drivers heel (if you ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs. the later K5 K6 gixxer hangers (pic below) put the pillion's feet a bit further back.

[ This message was edited by: Avi8or on 2007-02-02 08:04 ]

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
British Customs has a machined plate that covers the footpeg holes and looks really good! Check it out.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On 2007-02-02 00:15, rudebwoy85 wrote:
I think I read a while back that some people have fitted small circular reflectors in there, I saw a pic at the time (cant remember where I saw all this now) and it looked like a natural complement to the bike IMO.

If you've taken of the passenger footpegs and have installed the M4, keep in mind the passenger footpegs did serve as a kind of crash slider and now you have nothing between your M4 pipe and rear body panel around the seat area if you ever happen to go down.

it'll be good to know if someone makes crash sliders that will mount in the passenger peg mount holes..I'm pretty sure Skyking made them for the 2004 model, not sure if they will fit a 2005+ though..might be worth checking out.
I got the Sky King rear sliders and they fit . Also make it easy for me to pull the bike up on my centerstand.!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Avi8tor and Hivel,

Thanks for the info guys, still not sure what the ultimate end result will be. I'll check out the BC website and see what else I can figure out, maybe I'll run over to my cousin's shop and see if we can't fab something. The slider thing might be what is ultimately done. Avi8tor I ordered a set of 06 GSXR passenger bracket/pegs so thats cool. Looked like the ones on the second pic you posted. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
219 Posts
On 2007-02-02 14:14, Tricks wrote:
Don't mess about, CUT UM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:
I'm jealous. I wish I had the cajones to cut something metal off the bike. But if I started I might cut the passenger seat off also.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wish I had the cajones to cut something metal off the bike. But if I started I might cut the passenger seat off also.
Yea, you definitely don't want THAT to happen..... :puke:

JOHN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts