Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this bike? I want a set of wheels like this for my own tracker project.

I got it from a post on a site called Whitegadget. It's called Lately Triumph tracker

Let me know if you have any leads for me.

Cheers mates!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey, I just stumbled on to this on another site....

http://www.motographite.com/2011/06/triumph-hellfire-flat-tracker-by.html

The basic mechanics are left untouched – the engine internals and most of the chassis components are original Triumph. The standout specification change is the 17” spoked wheels.The aluminium rims have a unique spoke fastening system which locks the wire spokes in to a knuckle on the rim, rather than lacing through the rim, so they accept tubeless tyres.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
826 Posts
Anyone know anything about this bike? I want a set of wheels like this for my own tracker project.

I got it from a post on a site called Whitegadget. It's called Lately Triumph tracker

Let me know if you have any leads for me.

Cheers mates!

Maybe we could arrange some kind of group buy...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still nowhere with finding out who makes these rims. But there's another company that makes some gorgeous wheels with full billet hubs, tubeless rims, etc.

I know for sure I could set up a group buy with those guys. Take a look at this page http://alpinawheelsusa.com/galleries/gallery/

I know that I can get first level dealer pricing for myself, but if we buy a pile of these I'm sure I can get a better break. I suspect the price would be under $2000 for a pair, delivered. Maybe $1800. That's an awesome deal.

So let me know if there's some interest and I'll track down some real numbers.

I'm also looking into brakes. Any interest in a Galfer group buy?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No issues in the past with group buys??
Man, I hope you're not referring to the Durrani nightmare. I won't go into any detail, that whole deal falls under the "No good deed goes unpunished" umbrella. I took a lot of heat over it, but the reality is I'm the only one who lost money on it.

I've done plenty of of other group buys that went just fine. I learned my lesson!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any Group buys must be set up an approved by an Admin.

If you are serious PM myself or DEcosse with the details and we will get the right people involved for you .
Perfect.

I may just go ahead on my own though. I don't think the German deal is going to happen and there are some decent options closer to home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts