Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife says it's a mid life crisis ... and so what... after 30 years of missing having one ... I still want one, crisis or not.

I live in Germany and for that reason it has to be a Triumph (with a union flag on it, probably British Racing Green as well)

I'm trying to decide between a Trophy 900 and sprint ST 955i. You get the idea ... I want comfort! Speed is not a major issue for me, they will both go as fast as I would want to go.

I would go for the Trophy but I live in a village ... Will I want to use it for a quick trip to the local supermarket (about 8km) or is it too big? That is probably most of what I will do (I clock up 8000 a year in the car at the mo. doing just that),
I will have a trip to UK once a year (about 1200km) and a few rides with friends over summer.

I only have about 2000 euros to spend.

Any input would be welcome

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The Trophy 900 is not much bigger than the ST. Mostly just the fairing. It is a great motorcycle. I don't think it will feel bigger and therefore I don't think it would discourage you from riding. Ever.

Both motorcycles will fill your need. The ST had a slightly more sporty riding position. The Trophy has a bit more wind protection.

I am a big fan of those older Trophy's and therefore that would be my recommendation. Germany is central in Europe, you should be riding everywhere!!!

I lived near Wurzburg for many years. Austria and Switzerland, the Netherlands, and the coast of France were regular destinations. I miss those days!

Best of luck with your search!

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that ... a very useful answer.
I'm trying to line up a few viewing this weekend (of course until I buy one there will be none for sale within 150 to 200 km away!)

I was doubting whether to include a triumph... I will now though.

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
You should really ride both before making a decision. That's the only way to tell which is right for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I personally favour the trophy, but which ever way you decide have fun with it and choose the one that fits you best. I support riding both to help you decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts