Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow & ice are melting fast in Portland, OR so I took a drive to Cascade Moto Classics in Beaverton to visit my new Rocket III Touring. All the accessories are on the bike finally and all that remains is adding liquids & doing a shake down service before delivery. We've agreed on next Wednesday since temperatures are all above freezing and they have Tuesday to get the initial start up service on the bike. I sat on the bike which is the very first thing you see upon entering the dealership. The solo saddle combined with the folding adjustable backrest was very comfortable. Nothing that a few hundred mile test ride wouldn't confirm. The bike fits me like a glove so I'm really getting excited now. Just a few more days remain. More to follow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hang in there Bob, it's well worth the wait. Hope the snow clears so you can spend some time on it.
p.s. it's already Sunday afternoon here in OZ, so pretend you're here and you won't have quite so long to wait !!!!!
Pete

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang in there Bob, it's well worth the wait. Hope the snow clears so you can spend some time on it.
p.s. it's already Sunday afternoon here in OZ, so pretend you're here and you won't have quite so long to wait !!!!!
Pete
The snow is almost gone & certainly will be by Wednesday. The dealership is closed on Monday's and I have a catscan & Cystocopy on Tuesday, so Wednesday will come soon enough. I also have off New Year's Day so I may get in a few miles. There's rain forecast all week. That doesn't matter much to a Rounder in the Pacific Northwest. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Truly exiting times Bob. I got mine 10 days ago and I've hardly been off it. That 1st service came up real quick. As stated many times on this forum - it realy is a great bike to ride.

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
I might check in with them Tuesday afternoon if I'm feeling up to it & can catch a ride from my friend to the dealership. After all, Wednesday is New Year's Eve & the Triumph shop wants to close by 1 p.m..
we(the oly rats orphans)meet at the Lacey Starbucks at 1000 am new years day for coffee/tales/ride..you are welcome to join us if you wish.Exit 109.north on Martin way to Top Foods,starbucks in front...may sound like a long ride but not on that rocket..You will be able to take it in this weekend for 500 mille service!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we(the oly rats orphans)meet at the Lacey Starbucks at 1000 am new years day for coffee/tales/ride..you are welcome to join us if you wish.Exit 109.north on Martin way to Top Foods,starbucks in front...may sound like a long ride but not on that rocket..You will be able to take it in this weekend for 500 mille service!!
Thanks for the offer. I'll pass on this one because of the drunks out there on New Year's Day combined with riding a new bike likely in the rain. Another time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts