Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend i installed Emgo Short megaphones, i installed the 128 main jet that came with the kit but kept in the 40 pilot jet. I have ridden about 50 miles in this configuration, the AI is removed and so is the snorkel. I also put in a UN Filter. I have not adjusted the Idol mixture because i have not experienced any loss of performance. I have seen a slight increase in power from the low end to the top. The problem that i am having is that i have a slight air leak on both pipes that needs to be sealed with RTV I am not sure witch color to use. I am seeing some condensation were the adapter pipe meets with the header pipe. Is this condensation going to cause a problem even after i fix the air leak. The other problem that i am having is that after i turn the bike off i am getting a white smoke that is steaming out of the right pipe. It smells like exhaust but it is coming out of the pipe 30 second to a minute after the bike has been turned off. I am not experiencing this problem on the left side only on the right. I hope this is not a serious problem

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, I can answer your RTV question, since I am apparently the board's most reluctant user :eek:.

Use Permatex Ultra Copper. It's reddish, but higher temp than the regular RTV red.

Good luck...

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Just purchase some clear GE Silicone (100% silicone) bathtub caulk at any hardware store. It will withstand more heat than is present anywhere in the exhaust system from the head to the silencers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info

I bought a tube of the red RTV, I originally had a tube of a grey motorcycle sealant but i need to redo to fix air leaks, I will use the red RTV. I just don't know what the gas is that is coming out of the right Pipe after i turn off the engine. I think it might be condensation but I hope that i am not burring oil. I think i need to go to 3 turns out. I am still having trouble with cold starts in the morning. I do not think that I am running lean, but i ma sure about running rich. one i get the bike wormed up the bike runs perfect. Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Ughhh I hate rtv silicone. Sorry, it will do the job you want it to do but it gets everywhere and you will probably have to do it over again in a year.

I use muffler cement on my TORS and you a) cant see the cement and b) it seals really good if you take your time and do it right. Plus you can chip off any access and it is nice and clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts